PDA

View Full Version : A few photoshop questions

BlazinJimmy
01-15-2003, 12:05 AM
hey i just got photoshop and have some questions, 1st how do you get photoshop'd pictures where you can use them on webpages cuz when i try to put them on my page it says invalid file type only gif. jpg. ect. ect.... are allowed or something?? and also how do i post them on here without having to srink the size of them so they can be viewed?????
2nd you know how when you drop something at the top of the page it has the other layer poping out and it looks funny?? well how do you get rid of that without making the part you are trying to get rid of just white??? like where only the parts you want are on the file not that white around the top and somethimes sides???
thanks alot and if yall can tell me how to do this i will show yall some i did there pretty damn good for a newbe i gots one of my freinds 65 linclon contenintal slamed painted black and crome rims

otter
01-15-2003, 12:25 AM
Congrats on getting photoshop. :bigthumb:

1st: After you're done editing, click File, Save As, and then type your name, and there will be a scroll box that has all kinds of different image types, just pick whatever you want.

1st continued: Once again, click File, Save for Web, and then it'll bring a window up that will let you downsize the file (and will automatically save as a .jpg file).

2nd: Use the rectangular selection tool, and select the area that you want to be in the picture, and then click Edit, Crop. And your image size will shrink down to just encompass what you've selected.

Hope that helps.

BlazinJimmy
01-15-2003, 01:00 AM
thanKs alot man that really helped well here is the original picture

BlazinJimmy
01-15-2003, 01:02 AM
ok see the original pic did not show up how do i post it??? like step by step preferably

otter
01-15-2003, 01:13 AM
Right now with the site moving around on servers, we've had a lot of difficulty with people who are not contributors posting pictures. And to conserve server bandwidth, people that are not supporters can only post 1 pic every 24 hours. But...

To post a pic, you just make a new post, and then below the text box, you'll have a blank spot, and a browse button next to it, simply find your file, and click ok, or open. And then click submit reply, and wait for it to load. There are size requirements that you may need to attend to, but other than that, it's pretty simple. Or, you may want to find a different site to host pictures at, and then use img codes to link the pictures into your post.

Another popular way to do it is to e-mail me at mykldvd@hotmail.com with your pictures, with TRUCK PIX in the subject, and I'll post the pictures up for you. :)

mr.ed
01-15-2003, 11:06 PM
Otter, your a god:bowdown: :bowdown:

otter
01-15-2003, 11:09 PM
Ummmmmmm......... mmk

BlazinJimmy
01-17-2003, 09:56 PM
ight ill make it easyer here go to my websight(its only my second attempt at photoshop so be nice) http://www.geocities.com/theimpossible80/photop.html

also check out my whole websight(does not have my blazer on it its broke right now and i cant take pics)
http://www.geocities.com/theimpossible80

BlazinJimmy
01-17-2003, 10:43 PM
also a few more questions
what is the best way of shaving lights/doorhandles/bodylines????

how do you put in a layer so it is under the previous layers???

last one how do you make real looking shaddows???
thanks alot guys

otter
01-17-2003, 11:06 PM
Best way to shave items is to use the clone stamp tool. Just click on it, then select an area that looks identical (usually right around the object), and then click and hold alt, hover your mouse over the area left click once, release alt, and then go cover whatever you want to. This is also useful for grabbit things way off the screen to make the paint look glossy and give a sense of reflection.

When you create a layer, it's always set on top of the previous layer. But, you have 4 basic controls for movement.
Bring to front = Shft + Ctrl + ]
Bring forwards = Ctrl+ ]
Send backwards = Ctrl + [
Send to back = Shft + Ctrl + [

Real looking shadows are pretty much a sense of color. I prefer to set the color to all black, and then use the airbrush tool with the darken setting, and only about a 6% level, and just brush over with a loose brush tip.

I checked out your site, looks pretty good, and I'm a big fan of the early 90's impala ss :D. Nice chop on the continental, I've always liked those cars. :)

BlazinJimmy
01-17-2003, 11:33 PM
thanks man your a big help, yea i love impallas but cant afford one so im probly getting a Camaro Z-28 Lt1 6-speed YEA
that Rx-7 Im selling as sonn as possible and my jimmy im selling as well (it sucks though cuz its gonna be hard to find another manual trans jimmy/blazer)

otter
01-18-2003, 12:51 AM
Got bored, thought I'd drop and smooth the continental...

BlazinJimmy
01-19-2003, 10:16 PM
that pretty cool you like that car???? i think its pretty pimp if ya ask me

otter
01-19-2003, 10:27 PM
It's not a bad car, but I'd be more into a 64 continental with 4/doors rear's suicided.. sort of like what was in the movie "The Matrix". :) I still think that car was bad ass.. :)

BlazinJimmy
01-20-2003, 07:40 PM
it's a 66 and its got suicides check it out
http://www.geocities.com/spysdemisepunks/