PDA

View Full Version : That Euro Pipe Sound

Firetruck
02-03-2002, 09:20 AM
Aight here it is. Normally I cant stand rice burners, and i love that deep sound of flowmasters, but has anyone thought about putting a cannon on a blazer. I was thinking about doing it to mine. I think I would be able to fit it next to the gas tank, sideways under the rear bumper. I see these little go kart CRX's have them on there, I was thinking about doing it for a while. i dont want to sound like a jackass, but its a new idea. Anyone have any thoughts? I like the sound of those europipes, but i dont want to sound like a jackass. Any comments are appreciated. Thanks all-

ZZ4Blazer
02-03-2002, 06:03 PM
Yeah I've seen then on a few rangers around here. That sound comes from a 120 cubic inch motor with 1.5 exhuast pipe hooked up to a 5" tip. Personally I hate that sound unless it coming from a vehicle with only 2 wheels. Like my rocket, which probably has more hp than most of those hondas anyways. Do you want that ricey sound or just the look. Personally I like the deep throaty sound my flow have, but thats from a carbed v8 too. Maybe I've got the soul of an old rodder in the body of a 21 year old.

bingoboy
02-04-2002, 06:29 AM
hell i love that huge v8 sound too, and im only a 20 year old :) nothing wrong with that classic rumble.

as to the question...the sound that the "ricer" mobiles make is probably due to all the things they are running on them, ie small engine, cannon, tip. i cant even imagine what a setup like that would sound like on a respectable sized american block. and i would imagine you will have a helluva time finding someone who has done that to their blazer.

mhyson
02-04-2002, 09:02 AM
kid around here did that that impost sound is due to the motor and the little pipes he has it on his s-10 pick up it looks gay and it stickes out the side it just doesn't look right fornoise it sounds close to my vortex exhaust but abit more whinnier

Blazin Low
02-04-2002, 10:36 AM
please dont! please!!!! :argue: :omg: :omg: A nice 40 series flowmaster with a dump would be pretty sweet, sound nice, but DONT but a coffee can fart tip on your blazer!

100%Orgasmic
02-05-2002, 02:26 AM
Ok, I guess I'll tell you about my other truck. It might give you some help with your situation.

I have a Chevy C2500 Pickup with a 454 (7.4L). I have done a couple performance mods to it, which include: K&N Filtercharger kit, Granatelli Mass airflow sensor, Hypertech Computer programmer, Hypertech 160 degree thermostat, and true dual exhaust into 40 series Flowmasters, that exit the truck, both on the passenger side under the rear bumper with 4.5" Borla Stainless steel and carbon fiber tips.

To me the truck sounds awesome. At low RPM's, that a Big Block normally operate at, it sounds very mean and throaty. But at higher RPM's such as when you rev it up while in neutral or when you really get on it hard, it has a very loud crackle, that is very distinct and attention getting.

Just my two cent.

In my opinion, if you have a large enough Cubic inch engine with large enough exhaust pipes, then the "ricer" tips won't effect over all noise quality, only at higher RPM's

clean n low 84
02-07-2002, 07:58 PM
ok, i hate to break it to ya but hondas aren't euro's and the "euro pipe sound" you say you like, well it sounds like shit. Saying that its a "euro pipe sound" is a insult to all the euro car owners. how could you mistake a peice of shit rice rocket for a bmw or benz? The sound you are looking for is called a mini bike sound, i dont see why you would want to make you ride sound like a 80cc dirt bike! go buy your self a flow or a gibson step-up.

Paraquat
02-10-2002, 11:44 AM
Around here, we don't call that a euro sound.
We call it the lawnmower sound. Or we laugh and say my 2 stroke dirt bike sounds beefier. You want a thick sound, put a cut off on. Or beat soem holes into your exaust with a hammer.:D

--Steve

Extreme
02-17-2002, 11:20 PM
its an i dea i will give ya that
i respect it
but the tips......
i call them fart pipe becasue it sounds like someone with a rellly tight a$$ letting a huge one go and or sqeezing it to much