PDA

View Full Version : performance chip

ACEBlazer94
04-16-2002, 09:32 AM
okay I've run my 0-60 and my top speed. they presently sit at
0-60 in 10.7 (that really sux) my trucks engine is bone stock. and right now my top speed is at 95 because of a governor chip. I want to get a performance chip to remove this cap, but I can't find one at the jet or hypertech website. Can anyone help me out.

blueskyjack
04-17-2002, 09:36 AM
from a generic chip on a stock engine. A custom chip would be better, but much more expensive. First spend you money on better intake, exhaust, ignition and such. Then think about a custom chip programmed for the upgrades.

ACEBlazer94
04-17-2002, 12:17 PM
I'm custom fabricating my intake right now, what brand ignition system do you recommend, somewhat on budget but a few options of brands/models are best. I'm thinking of gibson highflow exhaust but I'm also thinkin about doin a LS1 swap in a year or 2 when I toast the 4.3 will the exhaust be able to bolt up to my dual if I get a custom exhuast for the 4.3 will it match up to the v8 one so I don't have to redo the exhaust again

LilRedBlazer
04-20-2002, 01:29 AM
I have known some people to go through Fastchip but have heard they are unreliable. But you can make your own assumition...try them if you like. You might have better luck. As fer as your exhaust...the 4.3 is the same block as a 350 so if you go that route it should work.

ACEBlazer94
04-21-2002, 03:10 AM
thanx lilred I'll poke my head into the exhaust shop and see what they say to me, If I don't speak to one of the ::sigh:: morons. As for the chip I mostly need it right now to eliminate the 95 mph cut off, any help with that?

Slow Ride
04-21-2002, 03:21 AM

ACEBlazer94
04-21-2002, 11:48 AM
who said I need to go that fast?! Its just nice to know I can if I need to. I was racing a guy in a suburban on the highway and I came about 2 mph before my cutoff before he backed off and let me have it, unless he had a cutoff too.... who knows....I still want to get rid of it