PDA

View Full Version : Electric Fan

XblazinLV
04-20-2002, 08:42 PM
I am thinking about buying a flex-a-lite electric fan, but I have a few questions. First, is it worth it as far as performance goes? Will I notice a big difference? Second, I was talking to this guy, and he told me that I would have to get a bigger alternator to power my fan and my stereo in my car because the stock chevy one was shit. Let me know what you know about fans :) Thanks for the help.

flesh
04-21-2002, 12:44 PM
well you dont need to upgrade your alternator just because you install an electric fan and no you wont notice a difference in HP but your engine will be performing better without have to turn the heavy fan on the pulley and what kind of stereo equipment are you useing if your under 400 watts then no you really dont have to worry about the upgrade of alternator for that really but it is still a good idea to have at least a 120 amp alternbator and some GM models only come with a 60 amp alternator

XblazinLV
04-21-2002, 12:54 PM
I have a 100 amp alternator in my truck. My stereo system has a 280 wat apmplifier, and an alpine deck but I am not sure how much power the deck is using. Do you think with that ammount of power I would be safe running an e-fan or would i need a new alternator?

flesh
04-21-2002, 01:05 PM
you will be fine to just drop in the electric fan it won't have that much of a draw on your alternator