View Full Version : help me out

04-23-2002, 09:16 PM
i just got off the phone with my buddy and he had a deal for me. he's got a 4.3 vortec out of a 95 s10 that he was rebuilding. he isnt gonna use it now. so he offered it to me for 100 bucks. it's got a new cam, power pullies, the heads have been reworked, still needs bearings and and gasket set. oh its got all the accesaries on it. he said the wiring harness and computer is somewhere, but don't know if he can find it. so my question is what is it gonna take to put this in my 87 s10 blazer? i know i need a new tranny and crossmember, but will i have to change oil pan to a 2wd oil pan and pump? and if he can't find the computer and harness, will i be able to get one at the yard? any help would be appreciated. do they make a manifold for a carb for this vortec?



04-24-2002, 10:45 AM
I havn't heard of any vortecs that are carbd'd. Not saying it hasn't been done, there's a lot I don't know.
Junk yard will be happy to sell you parts if you've got the cash.
not sure about oil pan, tranny, and xmember.
buy it, change the gaskets, and sell t on ebay for a g and a half


04-24-2002, 03:34 PM
No they do not make a manifold for a carb for that motor also to use that engine your exhaust will need 4 oxygen sensors and you will need a higher volume fuel pump so even if you get the wiring harness it is still going to cost upwards of $500 by the time your done still worth it if you get the engine for $100 though