PDA

View Full Version : E-Fan Problems

XblazinLV
05-17-2002, 07:58 PM
My Flex-a-lite fan is causing my blazer to overheat. I didn't know it was causing it, so I took it to the dealer. They told me it was the problem, and that it voided my warranty. But the guy at the counter was cool and didn't document it, he just told me to go get it taken out. But before I do, does anyone know if you can adjust the fan output speed? Like how fast it turns or something? The guy told me the output of the e-fan is nowhere near the output of a clutch fan. I thought the black magic series was adjustable, but I don't know. Anyone who knows about this let me know. ASAP. Thanks

Derrick824
05-17-2002, 10:51 PM
The Flex-a-Lite fan has an adjustable thermostat. Where do you have that set? Since your running a 160 t-stat your fan should come on about 180. These fans pull alot of air. I don't believe that about it causing the overheating because it isn't pulling enough. Make sure the fan is set to come on at the right temperature & then if it still overheats check for other causes like trash in front of the radiator, a sticking t-stat, low water, etc.

XblazinLV
05-18-2002, 03:42 AM
Well... I have my fan setup to just run continually, so when I turn my key over the fan starts. Even when I just have auxillary power on the fan runs. So I checked everything you said to check, and I think it might have been the thermostat. I just put back in my stock thermostat, and then I ran the hell out of the engine. Even though the temperature outside was lower than when the engine got hot, I ran the hell out of it, I reved it past red line for like 10 seconds... I floored it like 10 times... drove it around with the a/c blasting for like 15 minutes...continues flooring it and trying to make the temp rise... but it never did. Stayed right at 210 the whole time. I guess it must have been that hypertech thermostat. Cause now that my stock one is back in the engine temp was fine...all is well for now. Tomarrow when the temp outside hits 105 or 109.... then I'll see if this really changed it. :) Thanks for the help and the tips.

ZZ4Blazer
05-18-2002, 06:11 PM
Somethings wrong. The Black magic is more than enough for a mostly stock 4.3.