PDA

View Full Version : what should be next on the list?

drewdaddyblazin
11-29-2001, 01:46 AM
ok guys, i got flowmaster exhaust, msd 6a ignition controller, k&n air filter and an msd blaster coil. What do you guys think would be next for about 200-300 bucks? I was thinking about a turbo, but i dont know what they would cost or where i would find one... any ideas on that? I think they would run about 1k from what some of my buddys are saying. I got a 96 4.3 liter cpi vortech engine in it. Thanks for any help

Extreme
11-29-2001, 10:49 AM
Didn't they bolt up a super charger on an s 10 on trucks TV
it gave about 50 more HP i think

i am not to sure on what it is and all i just remember watch it done

drewdaddyblazin
11-29-2001, 06:37 PM
Yeah i saw things like that, but a super charger will run about 3k... might as well buy a 350 with that dat... I was going to install my msd gm blazer coil today, but it turns out that you cant put on of those coils on a 96 blazer... i was pissed off, cause i got my stock coil all out and drill out the rivets and everything... so now i got the stock one back in and its hanging in there with paper clips.... lol... does anyone know what coil is to be put on a 96 blazer????? its a 4.3 liter votech v6 cpi LS 2wdr... now i got to send back the blaster coil :( and get one that fits the new s-series trucks...

91_blazer
12-05-2001, 01:01 AM
turbos arnt cheap either i was looking into one for my blazer (4.3 tbi) and they are around 3500 bucks for one installed because of the custom headers you need, no i did research it further i called chevy, and asked the parts guy how much exhaust manifolds for a 93 typhoon are and he told me 600 for the right and 490 for the left well the turbo is still 2000 not installed so i was looking at 3100 for a turbo setup if i did it or 3500 installed but i dont know how much one for a cpi would run maybe cheaper but i do know you will need exhaust manifolds and the typhoons's will fit, chevy put the same cylinder heads on all of the 4.3s you might have some clearance problems but for the most part they should fit call around thats what i did youll find out how much they cost and it will probally shock you turbos arnt cheap anyway hope that helped

drewdaddyblazin
12-05-2001, 07:11 PM
hey thanks for the info dude... damn for that price i might as well just get a 350 for that... Well i did get an msd 6a ignition conrtoller and damn those things whip ass! you wouldnt happen to know what type of coil will work with it and my stock wiring? i bought the msd GM blaster coil p/n 8226 but it didnt fit with my stock wiring... now im lookin for the one that does...

thanks!

blueskyjack
12-12-2001, 04:51 PM
i would suggest the Zexel-Torsen limited slip differential carrier form SLP engineering and an electric fan or Comp Magnum roller rockers. Regarding Turbos and Superchargers for '96 up CSFI engines. Are you sure you have the CPI and not the newer CSFI with sequential injection? I thought we only got our CPIs from '92-95. Anyway Machperformance puts together the ATI Intercooled Procharger supercharger. They are getting about a 60 percent and up increase in power with it, that is like 110+HP. They are also about to release a turbo setup in January. McCoy Motorsports is also working on a turbo for newer 4.3s. All these cost in the neighborhood of $3500 and up. They put out so much power it becomes a problem getting traction.:D

bigblock94
12-21-2001, 12:12 AM
I would assume that you already have aftermarket wires, so I would try to either swap cams or find an aftermarket intake. A combination is available new for less than $350. Then depending on how you get on your daily driver, I would start looking for internals.

drewdaddyblazin
12-28-2001, 01:03 AM
Im going to go for the supercharger i think( what else to i have to have to get that supercharger to work, anything???), but all i want to do is to get my blazer to beat a stock 2002 350 v8 camaro... Do i really need the supercharger and all the other things to beat this car... I also just got a helix power tower, that little throttle body spacer... its pretty cool, i think it added about 10-15hp... the engine now whisstles now... heheh

Thanks for the help guys

8mpg
12-28-2001, 01:40 AM
okay?

You want to be able to beat a LS1 with 325 hp with a 4.3?

Your going to need a turbo/Supercharger and a big shot of nos. And everything else you need just to run those.

It would be cheaper to buy a small block, and get a blower for that.

To push that much power out of a 4.3 is going to be NO easy task.

you will need at least 350 hp.

nosjunke
12-28-2001, 01:24 PM
for about $350 bucks, I would get a NOS kit. Check EBay, and you can probably get one cheaper. It costs about $25-30 to fill the bottle up and you can get from 55-75 hp extra. I put one on all my cars, because it's that easy. My newest project has no fuel injection so I can't use the kit. On a newer truck like your it'll be no problem running 75hp. I ran 225 on my Mustang and 75 on my Integra. My old Explorer(4.0L) had a 50hp shot.

drewdaddyblazin
12-28-2001, 01:38 PM
heh... damn looks like im in for some large ass bills... oh well i have nothing else better to do than spend my on my beast...

nosjunke
12-28-2001, 03:12 PM
If the sky was the limit, and you wanted to keep the blazer, you could get the LS-1 with wiring harness, and have Turbo Technology in Tacoma Wa fab you up a twin kit. you have about 1000hp then. The twin kits with intercooler cost about $5000-6000, and if you found the engine you'd be set. I see a blazer at my local drag strip, no crap, it pulls LOW 12s in the 1/4 mile at over 110mph. It's quiet, and everything is hidden. Except you can see the drag radials and pro-dumps. Gotta be a V8 in that, and he never has it open for us to see. Like he is trying to hide something.

drewdaddyblazin
12-29-2001, 03:48 AM
hehe sounds like a good idea... but that would be one hell of a bill though... but you know, it would be fast as hell!!! anyways bout the supercharger... With all that extra torque, that could really hurt my transmission (not to mention the drivetrain and everything else...) wouldnt it? i dont think that stock tranny isnt going to like 300+hp for very long... i dont go racing at the track ever, but i do like the street drag every so often ( maybe one or two a week...somthing around that)

8mpg
12-29-2001, 03:58 PM
Im sure you can rebuild it with better parts...

There is allways room for improvement