Thread: 2 inch drop blocks?

jrodgraphicanddesign.com Blazin95Envy's Avatar

2 inch drop blocks?

I got a 95 4x4 jimmy...i have 2 inch drop blocks sittin in my garage, b.c i was gonna do the t-bar trick and then decided against it...is there anyway to level out the back of my truck to sit level with the front, aside from buying the whole belltech 4x4 drop kit?
    03 Infiniti g35 Coupe - Pearl White
    Tinted, Chrome 20's, Gialla grille, carbon fiber engine cover, CF Z-tube, k&n filter, Custom box w/ jl10w6v2 JL 250x1, oem front lip/splashguards

95 GMC Jimmy-way too much to list!
    http://members.cardomain.com/blazin95gmc
    www.jrodgraphicanddesign.com

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    You can drop the back with blocks in incriments of 1" up to 4". Measure and see what size would be best. You could also use the 2" blocks and adjust the torsion bars down. You won't get a full 2" probably but will get enough to have it seem like a level 2" drop. If you adjust the torsion bars (I'm not talkin about the T-Bar trick.. I mean just adjust them) you will need to at least get the alignment checked.

oh, when i said tbar trick, thats what i meant, crankin them down...if i just threw blocks in the back, would that do anything to harm my truck? im not messin with the front b.c i dont have much clearance as there is.
    Tinted, Chrome 20's, Gialla grille, carbon fiber engine cover, CF Z-tube, k&n filter, Custom box w/ jl10w6v2 JL 250x1, oem front lip/splashguards

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    no, 2in blocks shouldn't cause you any problems. Just make sure you torque them on straight and settled and to check them every once in awhile after you drive for awhile. Your pinion angle should still be alright.

Cranking the adjustment bolts is simple. Just make sure you get that alignment!! I can't stress that enough unless you like buying tires. Well, actually it wont be that bad just adjusting them but you'll notice it alot sooner.

Well, right now i just want to lower the back a little bit, i cant go that low in the front because i dont have much room.