Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Baggin My 4x4

Baggin My 4x4

I've been getting emails on how I bagged my 4x4 blazer. I can't really do much but show the pics. These are just the front, the back is the same as any S10.

This is just 5"x3/8" steel. Those stock shocks are already gone. I'm looking for a set of shocks that have the right extention.
    Last edited by SlimGu3; 10-23-2001 at 10:19 PM.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    I HAVE AN 85 4X4 JIMMY...EVERYBODY THAT I ASK TELLS ME THAT I CANT BAG MY TRUCK....DO YOU HAVE ANY KIND OF SPECIAL DROP KIT..LIKE MAYBE FROM BELLTECH....WHERE DO YOU LIVE I'LL PAY YOU TO DO IT FOR ME!! PLEASE!!!!!
    Good Bye Blazer

Everybody I asked told me, "you can't lower a 4x4 without an expensive kit." So I dropped mine 6 1/2". Then everyone said "you cant bag a 4x4!" Yeah what now? Dont listen to 'everyone'.
    Here is my torsion bar trick for lowering your front around 6".

First pull the bumpstops and remove those adjuster bolts. With the front end in J. stands, use a two-jaw puller to lift the t bar key up off that block/pad so you can pull the block out. Use a punch to tap the t bar through it's hole (forward) and the key will drop. While the t bar is free from the control arm hole, use a jack to lift the wheel/control arms right up til it just about tucks. Then pull the t bar back into its hole with the key arm back on. But Wait! Here's the trick, you have to put the key arm on just like it came out but upsidedown. Just flip it over. Put the block back in, and let the truck down. I suggest putting the adj. bolts back in and crank them all the way up.
    This will drop your front 6-7 inches! It's also FREE, so give it a try. I must warn that the ride quality is not great, you can get a pair of drop shocks to help this. Try to find some small soft bumpstops.
    Well that's it. If anyone has any questions, please tell me!

Trigga- I live near Bakersfield. If your in my area, bring that shit over, I'll drop it, for cheap.
    Last edited by SlimGu3; 10-24-2001 at 12:10 PM.

Blazinlow Member
    do u still have your front diif. installed. and are you talking about turning the key or the end of the torsion bar upside down?

Blazinlow Member
    ok, i understand the torsion bar ques. but not the 4x4.

I started by just removing the linkage between the dif. and spindle. But now I have removed everything forward of the trany.

Ah so it's not really a 4x4 anymore, then? Basically a 2wd with a torsion bar setup in front instead of coils.

Damn thought you could slam a typhoon or syclone that way :D
    1990 Blazer 2wd 2dr. Needs power, paint, and a drop.

Well yes and no. Your right, MINE is just a fucked up version of a 2wd. But I did that because I don't ever use 4wd and it was just dead weight. The coolest thing about this bag system is that you don't have to convert to a 2wd OR relocate your shocks.

87blazer
    hey slim...where did you get the bags from and where did you mount the compressor and airtank?

I got the Firestone bags from .Air Ride Tech and to this day I don't have a compressor. I ordered a blow jacks over a month ago and it's been on back order. I hate AIM but there so cheap. The 7 gallon airtank is in the back to the right of my sub boxes.

Bagged 4X4 Member
    How much do your bags raise and lower your truck? How exactly do they work that way? Does it make the ride better like bags do? Also, do you have pics of you truck up or down? Does the 4wd still work fine at all ride heights?
    '95 GMC Jimmy, Completely Fast-Bagged 4x4 w/4-link w/18" Mille Miglia Uno's, Envoy Bumper and billet grills, Good Hood Ram-air hood, clear corners, Supra tails, Clean-shaven and being painted in Lamoborghini Orange and Cadillac White Diamond as we speak!
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!
    '85 S-10, FOR SALE E-MAIL ME $3500
    '89 TBI 350, Hedman Headers, Custom Dual Vortex Exhaust, B&M Megashifter

Bagged 4X4 Member
    Hey how much is yours lowered without bags? Do you have front springs or torsion bars? You think it Will work on a 95?
    '95 GMC Jimmy, Completely Fast-Bagged 4x4 w/4-link w/18" Mille Miglia Uno's, Envoy Bumper and billet grills, Good Hood Ram-air hood, clear corners, Supra tails, Clean-shaven and being painted in Lamoborghini Orange and Cadillac White Diamond as we speak!
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!
    '85 S-10, FOR SALE E-MAIL ME $3500
    '89 TBI 350, Hedman Headers, Custom Dual Vortex Exhaust, B&M Megashifter

Slim jesus. You just decided to go and weld on your own custom bag setup! Jesus christ. Your nutz. And it works too. Your one smart mother...
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    Hell Yeah thats what I said! Man I've seen his bags in action and damn they're tight!
    Good Bye Blazer

Eventually when I get my license back me and my friend plan on going on a road trip down to cali, and we are gunna 4x4 anything we can find. Perhaps I will drop by and see whats up.

The funny part of it all. If his truck breaks down I have to tow it back. That's gunna be some funny shit. Seeing a slammed blazer hauling a fullsize 89 bronco with 8 inches of lift and 35"s hahaha.

Oh well
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend