Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Baggin My 4x4

LaserBugg- It doesn't have as much lift as I want. I know it's at least 4-5 inches but I want more. Everyone says it is just the shit that I actualy bagged a 4x4 blaze, but truthfully, I'm not satisfied yet. My 4x4 would still work, but I took all that crap out (just dead weight). I will post pics of it up and down as soon as I get my compressor. I cant get full pressure until AIM sends my 'back ordered' compressor! They STILL haven't sent it!
    Come on over 8mph! We can do a small club night run or something:)
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

Bagged 4X4 Member
    Hey Slim, I was wondering if you had to take out the torsion bars when you put in the bags inorder to have a "fast bag" system or do the bags work with the torsion bars? I would think the torsion bars would keep them from deflating. Did you have to perform any other suspension mods?Thanx.
    '95 GMC Jimmy, Completely Fast-Bagged 4x4 w/4-link w/18" Mille Miglia Uno's, Envoy Bumper and billet grills, Good Hood Ram-air hood, clear corners, Supra tails, Clean-shaven and being painted in Lamoborghini Orange and Cadillac White Diamond as we speak!
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!
    '85 S-10, FOR SALE E-MAIL ME $3500
    '89 TBI 350, Hedman Headers, Custom Dual Vortex Exhaust, B&M Megashifter

They work the same with or without the t bars. I had my torsion bar trick done so all I had to do was crank down the bolts almost all the way, which then it wont even hold up the truck at all. Deflated, the frame is 1/2" off the ground. The only thing holding it up is where the bumpstop used to be is now metal to metal. To lay frame up front I will have to do some chopping and welding. I decided to do this but I will have room for new bumpstops that will bearly keep it from hitting the ground (especialy on the freeway). Then I can pull out the stops for shows and stuff to fully lay out.

Bagged 4X4 Member
    sweet, if you take out the t-bars will you loose suspension handeling? it would then be fully reliable on the air in the bags then right? If so then you have nothing but the shocks and bearings holing it back right? Then you can fill them quick and drop them fully right?
    '95 GMC Jimmy, Completely Fast-Bagged 4x4 w/4-link w/18" Mille Miglia Uno's, Envoy Bumper and billet grills, Good Hood Ram-air hood, clear corners, Supra tails, Clean-shaven and being painted in Lamoborghini Orange and Cadillac White Diamond as we speak!
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!
    '85 S-10, FOR SALE E-MAIL ME $3500
    '89 TBI 350, Hedman Headers, Custom Dual Vortex Exhaust, B&M Megashifter

That's right, but I removed the shocks up front. Little bouncy but fast bags.

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    I know its not really of importance slim, but your right front rotor needs replacing in those pics :)

I know, how embarrasing! That is from the guy who, I bought it off of. I guess he didn't change the pads for a hell of a long time and the pad rivets started hitting the rotor. Bastard.

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    hey Slim...what is the top braket welded to?
    Good Bye Blazer

The top of the frame, right where the top c-arm bolts up.

would this airbag setup work with a 96 4 wheel drive blazer?
    "To live is to suffer, to survive is to find meaning in the suffering"

Since it's not a specific kit, yes. I'm sure the suspensions are almose exactly the same. Any small difference can be made up while fitting and cutting/grinding the steel.

Originally posted by SlimGu3
    They work the same with or without the t bars. I had my torsion bar trick done so all I had to do was crank down the bolts almost all the way, which then it wont even hold up the truck at all. Deflated, the frame is 1/2" off the ground.

Ok you said to crank the bolts almost all the way down then it will lay out!What bolts are you talking about?Im thinking of doing the same setup but with Hydros:) Also what kind of offset will I have to get when I get my 17's?I want to go ALL the way down so I need them to tuck any help would be GREATLY appreciated

First thing you need to do is my Torsion Bar Trick. Then if you unscrew the t bar adjuster bolts it will almost layout. Obviosely you would then need bags or hydros. If you are planning on a hydro setup, you would have to completely remove the torsion bars, because hydro cylinders have much more travel than the t bars.
    The offset you need is +38-40. In the front is looks like they will never tuck, but once you get that low, the negative camber pulls them in and they do tuck fine. So as long as the offset isn't deeper than stock (+38) they will work. If you are going with 17's then the tires can't be bigger than 40 series. You will have to remove your front wheel wells anyway, but it's not a big deal.

is it safe just to completly remove the t bars?

Yes, as long as you have a reliable suspension, like airbags or hydros. You have to remove the t bar crossmember to get them out (after you removed the keys). Just make sure that you replace that crossmember, it's structural.