Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Baggin My 4x4

:bigthumb: HEY MAN IM NEW TODAY.
    BUT I WAS JUST ABOUT TO BAG MY 4X4 BLAZER ALSO SO ALL THIS INFO CAME IN USEFULL. I TOO GOT THE SAME COMMENTS" YOU CANT DROP A 4X4" BUT I MADE MY OWN BRACKETS AND CAME UP WITH A WAY TO DROP MINE 6/5 ALSO. AND THEN PEOPLE SAID I COULDNT BAG IT SO IM ABOUT TO PROVE THEM WRONG. A FEW QUESTIONS THOUGH, WHAT KINDA MOUNTS DID YOU USE IN THE FRONT FOR THE UPPER AND LOWER BAG MOUNTS? AND YOU SAY THE FRAME LAYS WITHIN 1/2 AN INCH OFF THE GROUND..BUT WITH WHAT SIZE RIMS? IT'LL BE NICE TO SIT THAT LOW AND NOT HAVE TO DO SPINDLES LIKE THE 2WD'S. OF COURSE WE COULDN'T ANYHOW. AND YOU SAID YOU LEFT THE T-BARS STILL IN HUH? THAT'LL WORK SWEET CUZ IF YOU BLOW A BAG JUST CRANK THOSE BARS UP AND DRIVE HOME.:) WHICH IS HANDY FOR THOSE AWAY SHOWS.

ANYHOW, ALSO IF ANYONE IN THE NEW HAMPSHIRE AREA OR SURROUNDING STATES NEEDS HELP DROPPING THERE 4X4 GIVE ME A MAIL AND I'D LOVE TO HELP ANYONE OUT.

ALSO IM ABOUT TO BODY DROP MY 4X4 BLAZER...WHAT'LL PEOPLE THINK OF ME THEN?....LOL. I'LL HAVE TO CHANGE MY PLATE TO 1LOW4X4

That's cool, you have the same ambition as I do. I used treated flat bar steel to make my mounts. 5 inches wide and 3/8" thick. Ten feet was like $30.
    I have stock 15 inch rims with 205/65/15 tires. If I got tires that are a little smaller, it would lay. But I'm just going to buy some 17's with 205/40's and that sould be just low enough to throw sparks.

BTW- What's with the CAPS WRITING? Looks like your yelling.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

its not just a name

Lightbulb

Looks good so you can run the truck with out the bars up front and keep the 4whd hooked up right looks like a good idea .
    :smoker:
    If You Aint' Scrapen' your Faken'

its not just a name
    slim, would this work for hydros also just make the brackets a little taller right
    just an idea
    Hazardous

Yeah it work with hydros also, I think you can even replace the shocks with the hydro cylinder.

its not just a name
    i wounder if you can use more then a 6" in the front on a 4x4 before you lose the ball joints like a 2whd what do you think slim.
    what is the lift on the bags in your blazer?

Hazardous:smoker:

I don't know what that does to the ball joints. I've never had a problem and it's been over a year with an altered suspension. I don't get very much lift (compaired to 2wd kits). I get about 4 iches maybe more. Most people think it's plenty, but i'm working on making it more.

its not just a name
    when you go with more then 6 n the front thjere is a real good chance the ball joints will pull a part from the a arms have not tyred with a 4x4 yet
    Hazardous

No, they don't do anything that drastic. They just get pinched tighter than usual on the inside side, but it doesn't cause seroius damage.

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    If you "T bar" the bags with some air shocks then you can get rid of the "bounciness" and still go up or down fast cuz the shocks will dump with the bags. I want to mount 2 air shocks on evey corner, 1 on each side of the drive axle, and those little "sleeve" bags up front on adjustable camber upper control arms. Full size semi truck bags in the back with a super C-notch should make it so I can still pull a boat.

Cool About your bags

hey slim, do you have any pics of your bag install on the rear of your 4x4. I want to air bag my 2wd jimmy and I want to get some ideas on how to do it.:bigthumb:

I am pretty sure slim hasn't bagged the back of his truck yet. I could be wrong thou.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Question

would i still be able to put a 350 in it still???? i have a tpi 350 in my 4x4 so i was woundering????

:blazer: chase:blazer:

I have a 350 tpi in my 4x4
    WIAT! This is off topic, how in the hell did you put a 350 in the blaze and keep 4x4?!!?!?! This I have to know asap.
    Last edited by u_aint_REDie; 02-21-2002 at 06:10 PM.
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab