Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Baggin My 4x4

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    u_aint_redie, its rather common to put v8's in 4x4's. You need a different oil pan. As far as I know thats the only difference in the conversions.

click here for more info.
    Last edited by s10blazed; 02-21-2002 at 08:18 PM.

the key??

the key? what are you talking about are you talking about that thing at the end of the torsion bar right at the end that has the screw?? i have lowered mine as far as i can get it but i am about to put it on bags every one and there dog told me that i could not do it then i did it but i think i might be able to put a 2wd front a-arms and lower a-arms and spindels and springs should i or should i keep it like it is and bag it (plastic please) and the off set would it make the off set not be as bad and could i put 2001 extrem rims on it that i got for 100 bucks in the best condition not a scratch the guys truck was going to get repoed and he sold every thing on the truck drove it in to a creek and reported it stolen it was tight i got some tight rims cheap as hell so can you help me on my question????

chase

all you do is buy a 700r4 off of a 350 in a truck or off a 6.2 diesal and put it in place of the old 700r4 the transfor case has a drive shaft that extens and the new 700r4 makes it go 2 inchs more not that much and the rest is just a 4x4 oil pan off of a 76 chevy pick up and just a don hardy kit but what you can do that is real cheap is move the motor mount up about 3 inch cut the hump in the cab to fit the trans and use a shallow 350 pan put some big slicks all the way around take it to the strip and you will get one HELL of a lonch but you have to be fast to take the 4x4 off after the first 75 - 100 feet or you will blow sh*t up trust me one thing make sure your cv boot are in great shape i didnt and i paid the price$$$$$ (bling, bling) with the side of my blazer in to a 4th of a mile wall it sucked dick

chase

Blazin1st- You can not install 2wd drive front suspension components on a 4x4. Nothing ligns up what so ever.
    Yes the key is that thing at the end of the bar on top of the bolt. Did you say you have bagged it or you are going to?
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

i have it bagged i did it

You did it!!?? Hell yeah! Get some pics up, at least of the install. What system did you use?

Evil Innovations
    so if i do ur trick slim can i fit some stock 2wd s10 rims on there with stock tires up front with the 6inch drop without cutting the wheel wells and can i also those the stock 2wd s10 rims in the back in the back and to lower the back 6inces 3inch blocks and 3in drop springs right?
    4x4 thats lowered
    and needs to be lower

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    no, 2wd rims will still stick out WAAAY too much.

Evil Innovations
    how about camoro rims the older iroc 5 star ones
    4x4 thats lowered
    and needs to be lower

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    Those will stick out too. But I newer camaro rims should fit
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    You can use IRCO-Z rims as long as you put the FRONT on the BACK and vice versa because the offsets are different. I ground off the lettering on mine so people would stop telling me " my rims are on backwards". They will only stick out a little more than the factory 15X7 stars did, but they will match the back and look much better. It will also be easy to score some used Extreme tires for that size rim. I have a good question for the slammed 4X4 croud: can I use full size 4X4 2500 Chevy 1 ton upper A arms on my '89 Jimmy? they look like the frame mounts match mine, but the arm is longer. It is also a nice solid tube design. It looks ways stronger, will be sweet powder coated or chromed, and will fix the negative camber you get with flipped adjuster keys. So, will they fit?

?

hey slim so i do the t bar trick and then do the bags and i will just about lay fram right

So, in other words... You bagged a 2wd truck... I would consider a 4wd truck, a hmm 4wd truck.... Doesn't look bad though.

Originally posted by TGuY
    So, in other words... You bagged a 2wd truck... I would consider a 4wd truck, a hmm 4wd truck.... Doesn't look bad though.
    I bagged a 4x4 front end. The suspension is completely different from a 2wd with or with out the front drive axles. Most importantly, I designed the bag set up so that I could have front drive axles, I just chose to remove them because I never used the 4x4. If it were simply a 2wd, I could have bought a front bracket kit and saved my self hours and hours of design and work.

ti28- If you are bagging it, the t-bars come out, or just become dead wieght. THey dont need to hold the front up anymore, because the bags do that.

You think you can keep the cv joints in one peice with that much travel? I wouldnt' think there woudl be enough play.