Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Baggin My 4x4

sweet slim u da man

and then ill be down to earth right hahaha but i bag it i will still get a good lift right about how many ins ya think or know

There is plent of play in the CV joints to even lay frame. I wouldn't recomend baggng a 4x4, dropping the front all the time as well as leaving the 4x4 on. Having the drive axles as such a sharp angle with constant torque from the differencial cant be good over time. When I did the firts t-bar trick, I still had everything hooked up and even used the 4x4. That was a 6 inch drop with no problems for months.
    Most of the time I drive around with my fron most the way up, to keep the camber correct and not ruin my low pro tires so quickly. That being said, if I had left the FWD components, I still wouldn't have any problems.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

I want to bag my 4x4 still. About how much of a drop up front do you get and how much lift?with 17" rims about how low will it sit?

hey slim nice work there man, but ya i got a 4x4 89 and how would you recomend i go on droping it like bag with no knowledge about suspension or get a kit or what????? cuz ya you seem to know what your doin man thnax for any help :)
    rollin on stock 15's yay

why isnt the number 11 pronouced onety one?

1LOCO- Aired out it's about an 8" drop. The way idid mine I get about 4-5" lift at 100psi.

SouthSyde- There isnt a kit you can buy at all as far as installing the bags. You've pretty much gotta go buy some raw steel and fab up your own shit. You buy kits for the rest of the installation, but idont recomend it. I would do it piece by piece to get everything you want. If you've got no knowledge about suspension, I suggest you stick around here and learn everything you can. Study Shiltons or Haynes manual and kep your nose in the Truckin mags. Dont jump into an airbag installation with little knowledge, you want to know know what you are doing and why. it wont take long to get familiar and comfortable about the way a 4x4 suspension and the basic air system works.

Baggin MY 4x4 need help

hey slim, i know ur like the only one ive seen who was able to bag his 4x4, i bought my 98 blazer with 4x4 for a damn reason, but iwant it sittin on the ground too, and ya know, but i want to keep that 4x4, where are you from? maybe i could get some assistance from you, a genious at work eh? im up in NJ im sure ur prolly NO WHERE near here. but how much did it run u to do EVERYTHING? i need a price range so i can figure out what to do, thanks:bigthumb:

Question hey slim

hey slim i have one ? about baggin my blazer ok im gonna bag it but i got a lil prob were u put the mont on the uper arm.when i get my rims and tires. wont the bac spacein rub the bags on each side cause i want 18s rims with 205/55/r18 wont that hit the bags and what back spacings do i need for the fron and bac cause i want the rims to site there nice and look nice too when they tuck
    thanx alot slim ur a real hero man

FeTTo- Your right I live in California. If you want the 4x4 to work and have bags, you have to do it that way I did. I cant really tell you how to do it, my pictures pretty much explain everything. When you get into it if you come across specific problems, I'd be happy to help. I just added everything up and I spent under $700 for everything, including the rear bag parts (not installed yet).

ti28- Your right about where Iplace my bags, it limits your backspacing. If you want your rims to tuck (+40 offset) then they cant be wider than 7". When I bagged mine it had the stock rims that are 7" wide, so I had to buy rims that were around the same over all size. The best thing to do is but the rims first. Install the bags to what room you have with them and make sure you crank the wheel to full lock left/right, to make sure nothing is rubbing there.
    If the bag is rubbing on metal, you can grind the shit out of the steel. But if the rim and bag are rubbing you can do nothing but relocate the bag (start over).
    Good Luck guys:bigthumb:

I wonder how much of a dif there is between the older gen s-series and the newer gen... I know with my '00 s10 4x4, it sits on the bump stops when i lowered it ~2-2.5inchs up front. I don't think it even has even travel to think about laying frame, even without any bump stops at all... I would guess about 2" clearance. The other issue I see, even with the stock wheels... there is not enough clearance for the tires to go up into fender... The track is too wide. Plenty of room in the back. How did you get around this?
    Last edited by TGuY; 06-14-2002 at 01:49 PM.

2nd gens are different from 1st when it comes to that. I've never heard of a 2.5" drop sitting on stops though. You can always cut off the stop pad if you need to, but try to cut them clean if you decide to ever weld them back.
    I know it looks like the front wheels will never tuck up front, but when you get into a 6" drop or more you will see that the negative camber pulls the top of the tire in just enough to tuck. However, you cant do much of any drop with the bg ass stock tires. Ditch the 235/75/15's for some 205/65 or 215/60's. Or you can skip buying tires for the 15's and upgrade to some 17's or 18's with 40-50 series tires.

Yah, I won't be doing anything drastic until I get the 18-20" rims I am looking at. I haven't decided if I want to actually bag it or not yet... I just want to get a couple more inchs of drop at least. I think I might chop the control arms and move the ends up a couple inchs to keep the geometry as much in spec as I can. That a long with some playing with the bump stops and torsion bars I should be able to get a clean 4-5inchs which will be enough for a start. How is the all around ride on a bagged truck? I have never ridden in one. Is it possible to park it and have it sit at normal hieght for any reasonable amount of time? How do you decide how big of a tank you need? Compressor?

If done right, bagged trucks ride awesome. I love the ride I get with my bags. Its a hell of a lot better than when it was stock or just static dropped. The size of the tank depends on how much play time you want to have. With a five gallon tank I can raise my front end from the ground 3 times before I'm out of air. Thats just filling two 2600# bags. Now I have 2 tanks & I can pull 2 good side to side moves before I only have enough air left to level it out at ride height. Your compressors depend on your air tank(s). I recommend one compressor for every 5 gallons of air.
    '05 Altima 3.5SE
    '06 Yukon SLT

hey slim thnx alot man i appreciate it but i think im just gonna go with the t-bar and blocks in the back
    rollin on stock 15's yay

why isnt the number 11 pronouced onety one?

Lightbulb yoo slim

slim there this kid were i live doin the sam thing as me dopin his blaze any way yea man i found the link for the the four link i was lookin for slim its www.alter-images.com dude u got to see that bolt on 4 link shes lookin lk shes gonna sit in the azz end of my blaze will i have to cut the floor in the blaz for the step notch or do u think i wont even have to put a notch in just askin before i go cutin my baby to bites trhanx slim ur a BIG HELP

southside were u from man
    :smoker: :bigthumb:

slim

ight slim, thanks man, could ya at least give me some links or info as to where/whom you bought ur shit from? cuase i would love to get it done for under a grand, and if i have any problems, ull be the first to be asked, id just like some info on the shit u got, thanks alot man