Thread: carb or fuel injection on a 350?

carb or fuel injection on a 350?

I know that fuel injection makes more power and better fuel economy but its more expensive to beef up than a carbureted 350. Theres the computer and all sorts of sensors to fuck with. If i want to beef up my engine which would be better for the price?
    And what about emissions systems?Which ones are helping me and which ones should I remove?

ok first of all.. fuel injection rarely maeks mroe power then carbeurators... especially production FI stuff... i don;t know what u mean by "beef up your engine" i imagine u want to make more power... go carbed.. its easy its cheap and it'l make way more poewr tehn a cheap FI system.. aftermarket FI systems may produce more power.. if set up right and eveyrthing but shit u gotta pay out the ass for that crap and setting it up is a bitch.

as for emissions "systems".... there is no emissions related device that will help your performance.. but passign emissions here in PA can be a bitch.. ur gonna need at least EGR valve pcv valve charcoal canister cats.. possibly smog pump (doubtful) umm and its gotta b tuend good to pass... my suggestion on passign emissions though is to jsut get it inspected before u put the v8 in.. and disconnect uyour speedomeeter... f u go uner 5k miles a year u can get exemptin sticekrs each year nad not ahve ot get it inspected.
    1988 s-15 jimmy
    500hp 383
    700r4
    4.10s posi

Like 85 said, factory EFI doesn't make a whole lot of power. A carb setup will make more power if you know what your doing. It will be way easier to upgrade if you add more power. With eFI, you will need to re/program the computer. You can get a programable EFI system, but look to spend at least $2k for that.

Having a powerful truck, and passing emmisions, usually don't go in the same sentence. It can be done, but your gonna spend a whole lotta money doing it.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

unless you know someone who'll pass you anyways, it works for me
    Originally posted by Slamd_sdime
    um i cant post any threads i dont know what to do.
    92 Lumina Z34 16.25 @ 84.33 mph 15.70 without overdrive
    69 Chevelle 14.97 @ 90.78 mph
    94 Probe 18.27 @ 74 mph
    88 Suburban 18.35 @ 72.07 mph (sure, why not?)
    90 Taurus sw 16.439 @ 82.78 mph on the brakes (just keeps wanting to go faster)
    1988 Acura Integra 1.6L 17.936 @ 75.27mph (217,000 and runnin strong!)

looks like im sticking with the carb. i dont know shit about efi anyway.
    thanx guys

hey i have some sbc stuff for sale if your interested.. performer RPM intake and edlebrock 600 carb
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

Man you can't beat old school carbs.I hate wires.

i hear you on that. i dont want anything but the raw.

i dont need any parts now. should be getting a 350 and turbo trans out of an impala for 300 bones. ill keep it stock for a little, except new headers which i hear i need to clear the power steering or the steering shaft.