Thread: about the wiring

about the wiring

if you did a v-8 swap what did you do about the wiring? did you rip out the whole computer and do your own wiring or what? how did you do it?
    1986 two wheel drive s-10 blazer

....Who needs demons when there.....
    ...are chicks...

I probably cut out 150 feet of wire while getting rid of the computer but retained enough of the stock wiring to run the starter, gauges, alternator, fuel pump. etc... Here's a link to some helpful suggestions I used for my 87 that's converted to a carb'd V8.

Engine Wiring
    Scroll down to "Basic Engine Wiring" created by 350 S10
    Originally posted by Blazin Low:
    In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire Tony Low
    :D

I kept it all and used a TBI 350 very easy swap
    I'm a black ninja motherfucker!

i removed the computer harness and engine harness.went and got a harness from a 82-85 s10 with the 2.8.has very little wires and has all the hookups for alt,starter and distributor and is much nicer looking then cutting wires.easier to hookup.mine has a carb.
    Originally posted by Tony SS 350
    back to being the dick head you all have come to know and love.

www.myspace.com/bigbadrat

Mine has the TBI on it and I ended up having to go to the junk yard and buying a 4.3 wiring harness and using my stock 350 computer.
    Just a slow truck wanting to be as fast as others.

Originally posted by bigbadrat
    i removed the computer harness and engine harness.went and got a harness from a 82-85 s10 with the 2.8.has very little wires and has all the hookups for alt,starter and distributor and is much nicer looking then cutting wires.easier to hookup.mine has a carb.
    I forgot about using the 2.8 carb harness. That is probably the easiest and best looking.
    Originally posted by Blazin Low:
    In 1972 a crack commando unit was sent to prison by a military court for a crime they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire Tony Low
    :D

i did 2 of them that way.looks nicer and cleaner under the hood.i would go that way if i was you.:bigthumb:
    Originally posted by Tony SS 350
    back to being the dick head you all have come to know and love.

www.myspace.com/bigbadrat