Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ATTN NOOBS Have A Bag ? Go Here First BEFORE Posting a question.

switches get da bitches laid out blaza's Avatar
    the trailer they pull has big bags in the back just look when u driving it buy the axle
    89mitsubishi truck (fully under construction)
    and a 88 red s10 2dr 2wd blaza

Registered User Catching Second's Avatar
    I'll have to look at one of the 170 trailers we have at my work and see if I can find an air bag. I work on warehouse trucks for a living. Internationals, Macks, Fords, and Frietliner (sp) cargo trucks (which is the same thing as a rig but with a box on the rear) and rigs. The only thing that I know of that looks like an airbag on a trailer or the rig itself is the air chamber infront of the slack adjuster. On the front of every big rig I've seen they use a king pin, which uses leaf springs and sometimes... SOMETIMES you'll find air shocks but they usually go shitty.
    I'll look tomorrow. If I am wrong I will stand corrected.

I do know we just got 2 brand new 2004 International trucks in. They both have air ride cabs but the rest of the suspension is all leaf and shocks.
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

no its not

What isn't what?
    "A true hotrodder wouldn't be content untill he had created a car so violent, so hairy, so totally sick that the very act of dropping the hammer would result in instant death. Anything less results in the need to go faster." - Tony DeFeo

If you're telling me that the air chamber infront of the slack adjuster that works the brakes is an air bag for the suspension.......... umm...... no.

there is a bag there but ne wys does ne one know of a site that has the valve wiring up of the wires that come off of it

Crazy C
    they where talking about the tractor not the trailer and there are VERY few rigs that do have a FULL bag setup that are long haul rigs that tow 4s foot plus trailers and there are alot of these around and yes some are just cab air ride but still the growing majority still has a full air ride system in them

o o kwell does ne one know how to wire to valves up to a three prong switch

Buddy, I'm not trying to sound like I know everything but I work on the things everyday of the week. The chamber has a spring in it. When air pressure isn't built up the spring pushes back on the slack adjuster. That's how the parking brakes work on rigs. The release the air pressure inside the chamber. That's why when a rig starts up the driver tachs the engine up a little bit so air pressure will build and the brake will release. If something happens going down the road and air pressure is lost when it gets below like 60 psi an allarm sounds to let the driver know that those chambers that everyone thinks are bags are abouut to start applying brake pressure.

If you have a rig broken down and the engine won't start but you have to tow it and your tow truck isn't eqipped with a compressor to pump the air tanks up there is a tool connected to those chambers that you stick inside of the hole in the front of them. With a wrench you back the rod that the spring inside is pusing on off until it isn't putting force onto the slack adjuster which is holding the brakes.

I can go on, but I hope that just lets you know that I know what I'm talking about when it comes to that shit. Those 2 new International trucks DO NOT have air bags ANYWHERE in the suspension. You can call me wrong but you're not the one who had to do a 200 point check on the truck before they would let it be put in the fleet.

i know some one knows what im talking about

I didn't check them all but I looked at a good ammount of the trailers at work yesterday and each of them had leaf springs in the rear and not a single bag.

ok wel does ne oen know hoe to wire the valves up for a three prong switch

I was coming home from work today and passed a group or 3 tractor trailers. Each of them had a different kind of construction equipment in their load. Coming up behind the last one I noticed a sticker on flatbed trailer reading "Air Ride Equipped". I looked down where you said the bag would be and sure as shit there was a huge bag. In front of the bag was the air chamber for the brakes. As I past beside him I saw a sticker on the back of his cab saying the same thing; however, all it had was an air ride cab with the use of leaf springs.

So like I said... If I am wrong I will stand corrected.... I am standing corrected. Sorry for being a dick. HAHA

ok cool

are you trying to control one valve set with a three prong ?
    85 s-10 Blazer, flat black, stock steelies painted red w/ chrome beauty rings and dog dishes