Thread: Who has a 4.3 700r4 behind a v8?

Who has a 4.3 700r4 behind a v8?

Who has a 4.3 700r4 behind a v8? What has been changed on the tranny? I've got a 4.3 truck 700r4 thats going behind my 355 and I was curious on what other people have modified.

http://www.transmissioncenter.net/highperf700r4.htm
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

yea my dad is running one, its great, they are the same tranys that they put in the full size trucks so you know they are tough
    check her out

http://www.jimmyrig.net

Slow Ride
    You have to add some clutches to the 3 and 4 clutch pack to get them up to v8 spec. There are a few other mods that are smart to do also. I used the 4.3 tranny and did the B&M race rebuild and installed the recalibrated TV piston. I also did all the mods for a 3000 stall non-lockup converter and installed a stage 2 shift kit. If you get the TV cable adjusted right this tranny will provide you with good performance up to about 450 hp.

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    oh oh knudsonm what did you do about your lockup can i just un hook it from the trans and not worry about it, or will un hooking the wiring screw something up

Slow Ride
    If you are going to use a lockup converter then you can either wire it with a toggle switch or TCI makes a vacuum operated switch that automatically locks up the converter when the tranny is in OD and you are cruising. It is easy to install the TCI system it includes new pressure switches and new wiring for inside the tranny and the switch that mounts outside the tranny. The switch wires up to the stock harness that goes into the tranny and all you need to do is add a hot wire and a manifold vacuum source.

i used mine, only thing i put in was a tad higher converter and a corvette servo.... lasted about 2 years under daily abuse.
    this is a test of the sig

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    alright but lets say i just un hook al my fuel injection crap to my 4.3 and leave the wires hanging for now and run my carb and leave all my computer together and not screw with anything will i just be able to hook it all back up and the lockup still work and my speedo and all that crap. my dad is helping my with the 350 install and hes been freaking over the computer crap because hes used to old school cars and im just wanting to have answers to all his questions he keeps throwing at me

here

Tci Kit

Painless wiring kit

So If I get this TCI Overhaul Kit , have it installed with kevlar bands and billet intermediate and overdrive servos everything should hold fine with a 3000-3500 stall?
    Last edited by Dragginblazer; 11-26-2002 at 09:37 PM.
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer

4.3 trans is the same one behind fac V-8 best trans to go with is from 87 to92 cause in 87 the clutches,pump,and inputshaft were upgraded after 87 are the strongest factory 700's and in 93 they went to full computer control older models only the conv. lock-up is comp controled

700 ID page

http://www.highperformancecars.com/crosley/4l80e.htm has pics & ID info for anyone looking to buy a 700R4. Also shows lockup diags and other good stuff.
    '97 Hombre with a 357
    My web page

Thanks
    DFWminis.com
    AIM s/n Dragginblazer