Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2 Link

Fiberglass Fabrication EpicenterDesigns's Avatar
    Bradenton- FL........hammerin'-grindin'-sandin'-primin'

2 Link

i have an extra set of springs i cut the eyes off of, and i'm going to weld them into some 2x2, 1/4" box tubing. i was going to use 2x4 tubing but i have the 2x2 laying around. my question is this, do i have to do anything special to mount it to the axel? like the pins in the leaf pack, do i use that, or do i get the pinion angle and the tack it? i've seen both done and, yet they both still had the "u" bolts around them. HELP:confused:

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!

Ive done a few 2 links and i didnt like the idea of teh bars being welded to the axle.Id make a pin setup like your leafsprings have and make it all bolt together.Be a much smarter choice i think.
    Bolt on is for swing sets.
    SSM Profile

THIEF...... thats my idea EXACTLY.. its just too cold for my to do it rite now lol... let me know how it works out

matt
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

THEIF uh..well i got(stole?) the idea from the Fonze at IF Customs. his web site showed how he made them. he got like 18" of lift on a car he's building with 2600 bags. i think it's fonzedesigns.com or something. last time i tried to go to it, it was down at the time.

hoping to do the 2 link in a couple of weeks, i need to buy a notch first.

The bitter after-taste of a poor quality job will last far longer than the sweetness of that cheap price!

thats kool.. im sure someone had the idea before me lol.. but yea.. if you do it take some pics i plan to do mine soon but im gonna get coil overs instead of bags.. so im gonna do the 2 link with a panhard bar.. so its a 3 link.. and like you i still gotta get a notch
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

Puttin the "Sport" in SUV hivoltagedriver's Avatar
    I am going to do the same thing, but I am using billet coil-over shocks instead of bags too. i was just going to bolt the rearend back on to the arms using the stock lower shock mount and U-bolts. That way I already have a lower mouht for my shocks. You do realize that you have to have some sort of track bar to locate the rearend side to side right? Like the panhard bar that slow89 mentioned.

yea, i have the pan hard figured out. just wasn't sure what i was going to do about the axel area.

1 question though...why do a 2 link and use coilovers? why not notch the frame and just lower it leafs and blocks?

all the coilover rides i have been in ride rough ass hell.

Puttin the "Sport" in SUV hivoltagedriver's Avatar
    The ride quality with coil-overs is determined by the spring rate of the springs that you use. If they were to rough, they might have had springs that had too much spring rate. If you stick to a rate that is close to stock, the ride quality will be close to stock. Sometimes higher spring rates offer better handling though. I am using coil-overs because I have them already (got them for another project and didn't use them), plus they are billet, they look cool. I also want my truck to hook up because I am drop-ping in an LT1 witha 6 spd, and the coil-overs are the way to go. I want to be low, but I want to go fast too. The ones that I have allow you to adjust the ride height by like 5 inches. I have had the dropped leaf springs before, and they ride way to soft and caused too much wheel hop for what I am wanting.

what was the url on that website db?

Originally posted by slow 89
    so im gonna do the 2 link with a panhard bar.. so its a 3 link..

dude the panhard bar doesn't count as a link what you are doing is a 2 link plain and simple if you wanna see a 3 link go to airlift's website and they show you a 3 link it is almost exactly the same as a tri 4 link minus 1 upper bar and because of that they had to ad a panhard bar.....parrallel 4 links use a panhard bar and they don't call them 5 links now do they? just wanted to clear that up a 2link is a 2link is a 2link no doubt about it

joshey

http://www.fonzedesign.com if that is what your talking about. I tried it the other night and it still was down. Or maybe http://www.ifcustom.com.

If you guys go to www.ifcustom.com you will see my Blazer with caddi lights and a roll pan. They only did the metal work. I took it to get body filler and primer on Sunday. Fonze did pretty much all the welding. I will be taking my Blaze to get 2-linked there as well.
    "It's not called cheating, unless you get caught."

-Al Bundy

Well you definatly need to get some pics of the 2 link asap. if you could get them as they do it that would be extra credit!

by the way, nice avatar...to bad it's not the BUCS!

Originally posted by hipoblaze

dude the panhard bar doesn't count as a link what you are doing is a 2 link plain and simple if you wanna see a 3 link go to airlift's website and they show you a 3 link it is almost exactly the same as a tri 4 link minus 1 upper bar and because of that they had to ad a panhard bar.....parrallel 4 links use a panhard bar and they don't call them 5 links now do they? just wanted to clear that up a 2link is a 2link is a 2link no doubt about it

joshey

WOW SORRY dude.. chill out.. im not an expert on *link* suspension.. i always thought it did.. since my uncles car (stock) has the two from the frame to the rear (theres 2) the pan hard..(that makes 3) and one on the frame to on top of the pumpkin(that would make 4) and its a 4 link rear.. oh well.. forget the name .. i know what i wanna do.. be it a 2 lnk or 3 or whatever
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

its not just a name
    to mount to the axle get a spring perch out of jegs mount it to the the side of the axle weld it in get a 1/8" peice of plate steal weld to the back side of the 2 link drill 4 holes in plate and use u bolts to hold it all to the axle. let me know if you need more info
    on this
    If You Aint' Scrapen' your Faken'