Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: bags and lowering??????

Body Mod Genius

bags and lowering??????

Ok I have my S10 pick up. I want to drop it to the ground and bag it so I can ride with some clearance at times. Name where I would start and where would I call. I was told to get a 4 link for the rear. And I want to put a scuba tank back there and not any compressors I don't have much room anybody who knows suspension please help thanks

Well...
    The best shit your gonna find comes from Air Ride Technologies
    If you are on a tight budget, AIM has everything cheap.
    You don't NEED a link setup, you can leave one leaf on each side to simply keep you axle where it is. As for a scuba tank, you will have to charge that with compressed nitrogen or Co2, every couple of days (depending on how much you play with the bags).
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

co2 isnt exactly cheap
    i used to paintball
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Body Mod Genius
    what about using a oxgyen bottle they hold 2200 lbs and are pretty cheap to fill. When I use the bags in the rear will it drop straight the guy said something about my bed would ride dog leg whatever that means just asking thanks for the help I'll prob go to the more expensive place. Even though it is more I always liked the service better thats all

Body Mod Genius
    Slim I want to go with a Belltech drop do they make a 5/6 drop for my truck. Then I want to bag it. I don't want to lay frame will I have to notch the rear or not?? Thanks

Have U Had Your V8 Today LOW PSI's Avatar
    Look at Air lifts Air over steel kit. It's about$1200 for everything. Like slim said u can remove all but one or two leafs and bag it. This what i used on my ride. Works pretty good but I'm learning removing leafs isn't the best way to go. It will work but U will probably want to go with a link setup.. I removed the 2 middle leafs and bagged it. But I'm experiencing axle wrap. Which causes wheel hop off the start and also when wheels break loose U get wheel hop. I'm going to convert to a link setup in spring. I have pics on my page of my blazer on bags. I haven't yet put drop spindles or c notch.

Body Mod Genius
    So what your sayin is I don't need the 4 link but it would be a lot better. Can I get a bolt up kit for it or do I have to weld?? I don't care I have sources to do both. If u could can one of u guys explain how the 4 link works. Do I take out the leafs now?? I'm not sure. I saw those triangler 4 links but someone told me thats some major cash for them let me know thanks

Aim sells a weld on 4 link for about $500. Easy Street(Air Lift) Sells a bolt on kit for aroun $1000. AIM also sells weld on ladder bars. All of these kits replace the leafs. The bolt in to the front leaf mount and either bolt or weld to the rear end. Then a pan hard bar is also bolted or welded to the rear end to keep it straight. I'm going to go with the ladder bars (2 link) in the spring. The 4 link basically allows more adjustment of the pinion angle, and also keeps the angle correct throught the suspension travel. Allowing U to drive at pretty much any height without drive train damage. The easy street kit also comes with the upper and lower bag mounts for the air bags. The ladder bars and 4 link require fabrication to mount air bags. Basically welding upper brackets to the super C and lower bag brackets to the axle. Also if U want to get trick with it U can also weld in a custom crossmember between the Super C to mount the shocks. Which is what I'm going 4 in the spring. Also using a super c will require the floor to be cut out pretty much from wheel well to wheel well to clear bag mounts and the axle, and the crossmember if U choose. But in the end will be worth the pain of taking a cutter to your truck. Hope it helps.

Why would you spend $500-$600 on a Belltech 5/6 drop if your just going to bag it? All you will need is drop spindles and blocks.
    Low's pretty much got it all covered.
    Low- You won't experience axle wrap if you de-arch the springs. Also you can remove your springs and put them upside down and thet gives the perfect curve, but that's really for laying frame not a 7" drop.

Body Mod Genius
    So what your sayin is get a 4 link suspension some 2inch drop spindals (BellTech) and 3 inch blocks and bag it from there right. I read an article in my streettrucks mag and it went through step by step some things I still don't understand but I guess when I get it I'll figure it out. Will I have to notch the frame??? I guess if I'm goin to bag it it would be worth it wouldn't it?? Thanks for the help both of u see ya

Slim- I'm not going to waste my time with the leafs. The ride will be alot better with a ladder bar or 4 link setup. My wife has a new trailblazer. It has a trailing arm setup(3 link) no leafs. And there is no comparison between the two. The Trailblazer rides like a caddy. I've done alot of reading on using leafs and so far I haven't really found anything positive. Traction SUX. Wheel hop and load capacity sux. In the summer I tow my 3500 lb Wellcraft Scarab behind my Blazer and I'm not sure how its going to fair with the current setup. I'm going to, at least, have to go with some 2600 lb bags as opposed to the sleeves I have now. So while I'm changing the bags might as well c notch and three link.

its not just a name
    you don't need a 4 link they make all kinds of diff. set ups for the rear they got two links three links ladders use drop leafs and blocks it all depends on what you want and howo much money you got to spend.
    Hazardous
    If You Aint' Scrapen' your Faken'

Body Mod Genius
    If u use the leafs and block thats the cheapest way to do it but u get wheel hop and all that shit. Thats the only way that I really don't like the springs are so week if u just take them away but hey whatever floats your boat

Yeah, of course a link set up is the best. No arguement there, I would have one if I had the funds for it.
    Low- Why a tree link? In your case, I would just go for a triagular 2 link, but don't cantalever the bags (for more lift) if you are going to be towing.

Slim- Actually it will be a 2 link. I'm going to go with the ladder bars with a pan hard. $399 plus bags thru AIM. Did U ever get that compressor mounted.