Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for you digital gurus.

Question Question for you digital gurus.

Alrighty...so I have a quick question if you don't mind. I am looking to get my self some custom subwoofer grilles (yes this does really belong in this section of the forum I promise). Well, I've been asking around and the nice people in sound and security tell me that if I go to a machine shop with a cnc machine, and give them a nice drawing of a grille, then they can scan it and the machine will cut it for me. Here is my problem. I can't draw for piss!! So I wanted to ask you guys a favor. If I draw a very rough design, are there some of you out there who would be willing to use photoshop or something to tweak it out and make it to scale so that I can have something trick to take to the shop. You can be creative and I promise that I will list your name as the designer of the grilles at any show or magazine coverage I ever get.

What do you say...is this doable?

Thanx for your time.

=X=

lets see what you have in mind....

Awesome! I'll get a pic scanned in like tomorrow or something. Thanx for at least taking the time to look at it.

=X=

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.

I'll help you out if I can.. :)

myk

I'm and artist and I'll Be glad to help ya, how ever you would like it, hand drawn,3d scale,cad design,or a layered photoshop design,I can hook you up.

Well...hmmm...I'd kind of like to see it in some sort of 3d fashion just so that I can know what it's going to look like...but I am not really sure what format it is going to have to be in to scan into the cnc machine.

You know...I was thinking. I said that you guys could be creative... so do you just want me to tell you what I want it to look like instead of scanning in a picture of a shitty drawing? All of you "artsy" types are going to be able to visaulize what will look nice much better than I will.

=X=

P.s. By the way, I really do appreciate the help.

xrated I'll get started on a few designs for ya,but do find out what format you will need it saved in so I'll know. It's really know big deal I can go back and change the format. I'll design you some diffferent looks to see what style you would like it in. PEACE

well let me tell you sort of what I was looking at. My Blazer is going to flamed, so if you could incorporate some fire like stuff that would be awesome...put I was wondering if you could incorporate the words JT CUSTOMZ in some sort of nice font... and feel free to incorporate your name on there somewhere.

=X=

Thanx again.

You hit the nail on the head, you must have read my mind.flames are what I do Best I'll hook up some stuff you'll really like.stay tuned,

If you are planning on letting a machine shop cut your
    grille. You will need to supply them with a 1:1 drawing in
    .DXF or .DWG format. These are standard design files.
    Oh yeah be prepared to pay ouy the @$$ for a one off part.

Thanks,
    Zach

How much...the guys in the sound and security forum seem to think it'll only run about $40 a grille.

I was just wondering is that the format you'll need, because only one of them looks familar to me. I can design it how you want it and also make a 3d rendering of how it should look, but whats got me a little worried now is the format and if I'll have the right one to save it in, because DXF & DWG are formats I dont use.I have tons of graphic tools/ PC & Mac, and I was just wondering is this a CADD formatt or An Industrail design format. (either way I'll draw you a design and show you what it will look like in 3d

Well...I'll tell you what. Let me actually talk to someone who runs a metal shop with a cnc machine and find out ; ) I emailed some guy from Florida from a place called billet and acrylics, and I'm just waiting on him to write me back.

In the mean time, I would definitely be interested in seeing what this grille would look like in 3d. I'm really pretty excited : )

Thank you for all of your help!!

=X=

Sounds Good, I'm almost finished with the free hand drawing I'll post it soon. I havn't started on the 3D design yet I'll let you know when I'm done, Talk Soon.

It shouldn't cost too much. I clean the office at a local machine shop, where they do mostly big customers, but they sometimes do small thingy. The one worker made a Peguin playing hockey out of metal for his son. They make some funny things in their spare time, and I'm sure they don't cost a lot of $$$$.

Nate