Thread: Want some opinions on ROLLPANS...

Question Want some opinions on ROLLPANS...

What brand/style of rollpans does eveyone have (or installed in the past). Is fiberglass a no-no? How much frame did you need to cut off? Do you have a tow hitch installed also? :confused:
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar

My pan experience

I would not recommend fiberglass. I bought one because it was cheaper and I understand fully why that is. It is very flimsy. I have a neon liscence plate frame, and I was debating whether to keep it on or not because the added weight didn't seem to help the rollpan. So far it has been fine, except that it will bend if you push on it......

Go with steel if at all possible!

As for the frame chopping, I had to cut it to an angle. I took about an inch off the top, and it angled down to almost 3 inches off of the bottom. I also had to pound down a body lip to get the pan to sit flush. This may vary depending on the model you buy. Oh yeah, I bought the Summit Racing Fiberglass Rollpan. If there is anything you wish to have described more clearly, lemme know.

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar

Exclamation

I had a roll pan, from FBI, with the license plate on the drivers side and an exhaust outlet on the other side. It was steel and easy too weld on and make flush with the body. I am waiting for my new one that will also be metal. I always thougt the paint on fiberclass faded quicker so I never even thought about buying fiberglass parts. F.Y.I. when you do order a custom roll pan repete to the company that it is for a s10 BLAZER not a truck or it will be too skinny and you will have an inch or more between the tailgate and roll pan.

Hey BlazinBlue...

if you don't mind me ask'n, what did the rollpan from fbi cost?
    sounds like something I'd be interested in (other than the one from sir michaels). Was this a custom order?
    '88, half bagged, 4.3, auto, 241k, 18" IROCS, blah, blah, blah

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    I feel like a spokes person or maybe its that old carsalesman in me. FBI or Fender Bender Intl. is a company that post a 2-3 page ad in MiniTruckin' every month. It's really a good place but it takes alot of time to get custom parts (That roll pan was 6-8 weeks).but if you just get the plate in the middle it ships faster. They stat at 69 bucks for a plain rool pan, if you put you lisense plate on it the price jumps 60 bucks and the exhaust jumps 70 more. But keep in mind the lisense plate can be anywhere on the roll pan just like the exhaust can be anysize and any place also. The number is (877)FBI-MINI and/or Visit there web page @ www.MINITRUCKN.com-- LATER (oh yah, Mine was custom)

i want a zr-1 rollpan if anyone knows if they make a steel one please tell me the website or # i can call for a catalog.

I have a Sir Micheals steel pan, and I can't imagine buying anything other than steel. It doesn't cost much more and is there to stay. I got bumped at a stoplight once and it didn't even dent. It bent up their lic. plate pretty good. Make sure you primer BOTH sides of it and weld it on from the back, then squirt the weld with primer also. That makes body work easier and prevents rust.:cool:
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

dont do what i did. i bought one out of lappens (an autoparts store from my area) well any way i had it painted and the i spent about two hours getting the stock bumper off. well when i was finally ready to put the rollpan on it was the wrong one. well i had to strip the paint off the rollpan because they would take it back with paint on it and it was the biggest pain in the ass!
    :D