Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Shaved Tails

7 53.85%
  • Clear Tails

6 46.15%

Thread: Shaved Tail Lights Or Clears?

Shaved Tail Lights Or Clears?

What do you prefer? Clear tail lights or custom Shaved tail lights.

These are shaved with custom S.M. Tribal Lights.
    Last edited by SlimGu3; 10-28-2001 at 02:31 AM.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

well
    if you wanna drive your truck around, and be legal...you gotta have tail lights

but if i was gonna do a show truck, you gotta shave em
    '92 S-10
    Vortec 4.3L CPI engine
    MSD ignition control unit
    ACCEL wires & components
    BLAZIN it down the streets of Bellmore

MTX/Rockford Fosgate system
    280 watts of sub-pumpin power
    400 watts rippin those highs and mids
    all faced by a Pineer DEHP4100

I would get more tickets for clears than I ever would for them being shaved. With shaved tails you have to cut in custom lights some where else. The lights I would get are in the pic above (SirMichaels Tribal Lights) Which are red and have back-up lights. So it's still street legal.

Cadillac Deville Tailights!

this is a test of the sig

Originally posted by SlimGu3
    I would get more tickets for clears than I ever would for them being shaved. With shaved tails you have to cut in custom lights some where else. The lights I would get are in the pic above (SirMichaels Tribal Lights) Which are red and have back-up lights. So it's still street legal.
    I've had my clear tails on for about a year and never been pulled over once for them. In Maryland where i used to live it was legal if you had the red reflector in them (which i have) and there was no "white" light coming from the tail lights while in a forward motion. I'm not sure about the laws in NC but i've lived here for about a month and no one has said anything about it.

In cali, the Highway Patrol hate us with clears. I have had them about a year and got 3 tickets. All which get thrown out of court!

cadi devilles

I'm puttin Cadi's in my 88 jimmy, me and my dad are doing everything on our own. A local body shop wanted $2500 to put them in!!! So we bought fillers and buckets and are doing it ourself. The body work won't be perfect but a body shop will make it perfect for $100 big difference there. If your thinkin about puttin them in I can get you a really good deal on some lights.

I do like those Caddy lights, but everyone has them. As soon as thay came out as a kit, everyone and their cousin has 'em. At least in my area. If I shave my lights I will french in those Tribal lights. Of course I will do all of the work my self and it will be perfect. Shit, I've been doing body work since I was 14.

Where I'm from, Euros are AKA 'Pussy Clears' because their legal. They remind me too much of Fast & The Furious wannabe hondas

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    okay this is my opinion on the subject, Please don't take offence:cool:

If your gunna keep you lights in there stock location you MUST get somthing like clears or EURO clears. I prefer EURO clears for two reasons. on my 88 there is this chrome piese around the lights and ITS UGLY, Chrome is for wheels and Grills,nothing else! and also my clears look pink at night and well... they look pink. so it you do get plain clears get LED Bulbs B/C they seem darker. I would have got them but I didn't feel like spending the money on them.

IF you go for the shaved look, Do NOT go for CORVETTE LIGHTS!!! sorry but I haven't seen one good looking blazer with them. I like the samari lights F.B.I. offers for there roll pans the best. OR like Blazinlow said... CADDY LIGHTS :cool:

MY CLEARS NEVER LEFT CLEAR LIGHT...:confused:
    Last edited by BlazinBlue; 11-12-2001 at 09:43 PM.
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar

Thumbs up

I have Euro clears (or Altezza lights if you prefer to call em that) and I still get pulled over for them in PA. So far I have gotten pulled over twice, once resulting in a ticket. Needless to say I got out of it.

The Altezza lights don't remind me of Honda's by the way... I think they look pretty good on Blazers. The Caddy lights do look pretty sweet, but like said previously.. everyone and their cousin wants to do it now. Time for something different I s'pose.

Can't go wrong with clear bumper markers and corners though.

OK lets say you don't like euros, you want something more custom than clears and everyone has caddy tails, what do you guys think about the Tribal Lights???

About as custom as it gets.

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    Now that I think about, if you really don't like the EURO's and CADDY LIGHTS are over used... I think you not going in the wrong direction. Those TRIBAL LIGHTS are sweet. I think you should go with those. I know your going to put them on the roll pan... RIGHT! I hate blazers with custom tail lights in the tailgate... LIKE W/ SUPRA LIGHTS... AT AN ANGLE? can you say FUGLY?

your in the right direction on this I think.

NOT TO GET OFF SUBJECT BUT, that pic from sirmichels, the truck, what do you think of that paint job on a blazer? i WANT dark blue flames on my BlazeDog so it's really BLAZINBLUE, but what for a base coat? SILVER? LIGHT BLUE? WHITE? watcha think?
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11