Thread: pulling leafs

pulling leafs

In the pic, it shows the leaf pack for the Blazer X with 4 leafs......how much more drop would I get if I pulled the short one, the one right above the overload?
    Last edited by kanderson63; 12-29-2002 at 04:39 PM.

Im guessing about 1/2"-1" that is what I would guess if I had to, I wouldnt think it would be anymore than that... I hope your U-Bolts are threaded enough to get them tight w/ 1 leaf missin... You cant just pull the leaf there is a center pin in the leaf pack you will have to buy some on those. I just get the leaf out then hit the center pin w/ a hammer until it breaks then your leafs will come apart. Then just take out the bottom leaf and put new center pins and reinstall em and your done!
    88 S10 Blazer - Work In Progress 360 hp 350/TH400 coming soon....

don't waste your time pulling leaves unless you are removing more than 1. i pulled the overload and the leaf right above that on mine and only got about 2 inches of total drop. it hopes like a bitch on bumps, has wicked axle wrap, and sags like a mofo when i put anything in it. i wouldn't fuck with that unless you are gonna do it right and put drop leaves in. just my .02
    NICK

That is my other option, install Belltech 3" drop leafs inconjunction with my 4" angled blocks......will I have any probs with pinion. I am already lowered 6" right now with no problems.

drop leafs suck..take out the second from top leafspring (zq8)to get you another couple inches of drop. pulling anymore leafs will give you some axle wrap..that should give you a total 6" drop in the rear with your 4" blocks, if you want anylower you should look into bags or juice, youll need a notch if you dont already have one and maybe some shocks to improve the ride..use washers if you run out of threads on the ubolts

you could get your current leafs de-arched
    2002 Blazer Xtreme (Black)
    Street Sceene Sport Mirrors
    Tribal Flames Tinted Windows
    Clear Corners
    Billet Bowtie, Antenna, DoorSills
    Painted Silver Interior
    Bagged [SMC/CONITECH/Engine Driven Compressor
    18 inch Billet Specialties