Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Converting from 4wd to 2wd

hahaha. have you even looked at them? the 2wd upper arms are mounted at an angle on TOP of the frame rails and the 4x4's are mounted on the side and straight. The bottom arms mount like under the oil pan and the 4x4's mount under the frame rails you will need to switch the part of the frame that the arms mount to not just the mounts

well the after you would remove the 4x4 arms you'll be left with room to mount the 2wd arms and brackets. if will look the same when the 4x4 is stripped as if a 2wd was stripped of their suspension parts.

why dont you post some pics of this switch BLAZINRAIL. if its just an unbolt and bolt back up process except for the spring perch i wanna do it.
    "if its not shaved..i dont want it"

D n C Kustoms
    Ok guys here is the deal, I was reading through my post after reading a few of the negative posts and realized there is one step that forgot about this whole deal that is one more thing that has to be welded. If you have looked under a 2wd blazer or pickup you will notice that there is a crossmember under the motor in which the lower control arms are mounted. This is the key Item you need this crossmember now GM sells it new for 379 but junkyards sell them for 175 I happened to luck out cause I had a 2wd blazer that I used for parts. I appologize for the misleading information but If you are still interested in Knowing how to do this conversion then I will post pictures when they are developed sorry no digital camera. Thanks for the understanding and again I appologize for the false information.

Get it wet and "Slam It"

KrIs (BlAzIn'RaIlEd)

WHy would you want to get rid of 4wd anyway? I know that 4wd's can be bagged... I wouldn't bag my truck anyway, but I guess if I were to bag it, I'd still want the 4wd...(granted, I don't know that much about bags)
    Support Sattelite Radio! Goto www.siriusbackstage.com
    goto http://www.pghconsulting.net/teal to see my updated pics!

-- I won't bag it and/or drop it, because face it, I'm too old to have a ghetto-mobile
    "I live with 2 retards and a deaf person.....It's not so bad..." --Grandma

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    if your gonna go through all that trouble, wouldnt it be just as easy and probably would have a better outcome to just do a front clip swap?? You could also swap on a mustang II front end or something alot cooler than trying to fit on 2wd s-10 crap

Quote Originally Posted by supernova View Post
    if your gonna go through all that trouble, wouldnt it be just as easy and probably would have a better outcome to just do a front clip swap?? You could also swap on a mustang II front end or something alot cooler than trying to fit on 2wd s-10 crap
    Bring this back from the dead or leave it buried? I would love to how to bag a 4x4 jimmy .. links advice etc ? Thanks

will work for food! phatfarmer2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgreene1234 View Post
    Bring this back from the dead or leave it buried? I would love to how to bag a 4x4 jimmy .. links advice etc ? Thanks
    get a 2wd clip and weld it in, or get a whole frame.. for the amount of work and frustration of get a 4x4 to "work" correctly bagged you could have welded a 2wd clip on and been done and cruising it down the road instead of figured out how to get it to function.
    Grounded 4 Life
    "continuing where the factory left off"

Street Source page

Projects i've done

V8 Love
    Pneumatic Love

[QUOTE=phatfarmer2;798531]get a 2wd clip and weld it in, or get a whole frame.. for the amount of work and frustration of get a 4x4 to "work" correctly bagged you could have welded a 2wd clip on and been done and cruising it down the road instead of figured out how to get it to function.[/QUOTE

Thanks phatfamer , when you say 2wd clip you mean ? Thanks for advice ....

88 dropped s10 blazer big scott's Avatar
    when i read the first post i was thinking the op was smocking some good shit... lol

as 2wd parts DO NOT bolt on a 4x4 frame...

i wish.

i also have a 4wd and looking for a frame . but i do have a lead on a 2wd s10 pickup..... if i get it ill cut the frame in half as i want the 2wd trany crossmember mounting points. so were the frame turns from a box to c-channel is were ill cut.

and yes i know this is an old post.............

88 dropped s10 blazer big scott's Avatar
    when i read the first post i was thinking the op was smoking some good shit... lol

as 2wd parts DO NOT bolt on a 4x4 frame...

i wish.

i also have a 4wd and looking for a frame . but i do have a lead on a 2wd s10 pickup..... if i get it ill cut the frame in half as i want the 2wd trany crossmember mounting points. so were the frame turns from a box to c-channel is were ill cut.

and yes i know this is an old post.............