Thread: Big Block Chevy Conversion ????

Question Big Block Chevy Conversion ????

Ok, I'm in the beginning stages of installing a 502 Mark VI into my 88 S-10 Blazer. I would like to know if anyone has done this conversion?, or if anyone knows anyone who has done it? Extensive fabrication isn't a problem. I would like to pick the brain of the installer for possible problems that will arise.

Dean
    4wheeler@Bigfoot.com

i've seen a 454 big block in one so i know it can be done just get some big pry bars it was tight it had stock exhaust manifolds on it headers would be hard to get on

Yeah, I've seen it done also.

I just really would like to talk with someone who has done it.

I guess my project is alittle different than a normal S-10 V-8 Conversion. I shortened a 4x4 84 Suburban frame by 30". That took it from a wheelbase of 130" down to the 100" of my S-10 Blazer. I mounted a 88 S-10 Blazer body on top of the Suburban frame. To mate the two together, body mounts had to be fabricated. The body sits flush on the rear half of the frame but the front half, has more or less a 12"body lift. It's not really a body lift, its an intergrated part of the frame that rises up approx. 12". I have already cut a huge opening in my firewall to clear the Big Block's heads and valve covers. It looks like I'm going to route my headers on the out side of the frame rails. I'll just have to probably go over my steering shaft. I'll just have to see once I get the 502 placed in between the frame rails.
    Dean (Melbourne, Florida)

88 S-10 Blazer sitting on top of shortened 84 4x4 Suburban Frame and Running Gear. Soon to be Big Block Powered - 468 C.I.

I know you can do a big block conversion with absoloutly no bending what so ever.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Question Does Anyone Have Any Info?

So........Does anyone know anyone who has done this conversion? If so, I would really like to talk with them.

Thank You for all of your help.

88 S-10 Blazer sitting on top of shortened 84 4x4 Suburban Frame and Running Gear. Soon to be Big Block Powered - 468 C.I.

it should be easy for you you got a wider frame i think i'm going to put my small block in my astro van and put my big block in my blazer now so i'm sure i'll find all the hard things out

Hey Slick,

What part of Florida are you from?

east orlando

Hehehehehe,

Do you mean Bithlo?

Hehehehe

hell no but close i'm in seminole county thats orange county no trailor parks and junk jards here

Oh, ok

I don't know though, Sanford, isn't much better then Bithlo.

:) :D :) :D :) :D :)

Yes I have put a '75 Big Block truck engine into a '94 S-10 extended cab. Alot of custom fabrication was required. I molded the firewall a bit, narrowed a portion of frame, and bent the crossmember a little but other than that it fits pretty well. Headers have to be made by hand but I have seen them before. I can help with any other specific questions.

Ok, good, I found someone who I can pick their brain.

Do you have any pictures?

Where do you live?