Thread: Consistancy in lowering

Question Consistancy in lowering

Just curious...... I know when you guys talk about lowering, say a 3/3 drop is 3 inches frt and rear.. I'm not an idiot.... or maybe I am LOL.
    Since obviously you guys have had this done/done it/whatever, how consistant did you find the expected drop? IOW, if you put 3" blocks out back, and you measured before and after, was it a true 3", or was it a 2" overall ? Same for the front.... my reasoning, I am perfectly content with my tires, but I want the truck lower, I just need to know how much is what I want, and if I'll get the EXPECTED results.
    Thanks in advance guys!!
    Nick
    1985 Cutlass ( The Black85 )
    Olds 403 , 200R4 , 3.42
    1990 Blazer ( Interceptor2 )

Doesnt look like this supernova's Avatar
    if you do it the right way, blocks, spindles, springs, coils, etc......with blocks and spindles you should get whatever they advertise thedrop, and with spring, and coils you should be pretty damn close to what they say it is

yea like he said.. spindles and blocks will drop the truck whatever amount they say.. since they are a solid object.. now leaf springs and coil springs will varry SLIGHTLY depending on the weight of engine or stuff in the back.. like if you put 3" coils springs in a 4cyl truck and then in a v8 truck.. the v8 will sit lower obviously since the weight difference.. but if you have high quality springs it wont vary too much.. and one last thing.. when you first put coils in.. the drop wont be too big give it a week or so and it will settle all the way down..

matt
    WWW.HAGGARDFAB.COM

//NC\\
    Negative Camber

well, the truck in question is a 1990 2WD, with a 4.3. No short term plans for a motor swap.. long term, yes, but short term no. I have stock 15" ralley wheels with like 225/70/15 rubber. I just hate the 6"+ gap. I figure a 3" overall drop would be ideal giving me better handling and ride, but still me the clearance to go for the occasional curb jump :bigthumb:
    Nick
    1985 Cutlass ( The Black85 )
    Olds 403 , 200R4 , 3.42
    1990 Blazer ( Interceptor2 )