Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clear Corners for composite beams?

Bagged 4X4 Member

Clear Corners for composite beams?

Does anyone know where i can get clear or euro corners/headlites for my 95 GMC Jimmy? It has to be the whole headlite/corner pieces? Any help I would appreciate.
    '95 GMC Jimmy, Completely Fast-Bagged 4x4 w/4-link w/18" Mille Miglia Uno's, Envoy Bumper and billet grills, Good Hood Ram-air hood, clear corners, Supra tails, Clean-shaven and being painted in Lamoborghini Orange and Cadillac White Diamond as we speak!
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!
    '85 S-10, FOR SALE E-MAIL ME $3500
    '89 TBI 350, Hedman Headers, Custom Dual Vortex Exhaust, B&M Megashifter

nope you will NEVER get themm I would have them by now. I tried takin them apart to remove the amber piece and it wont work. tyou will just bust the light casing. Youll just have to live with it kause theres no getting to it.
    It hurts your kidneys to blaze THIS low
    click here to see my baby

life savin member MightyMouseJ5's Avatar
    Originally posted by chlnlow
    nope you will NEVER get themm I would have them by now. I tried takin them apart to remove the amber piece and it wont work. tyou will just bust the light casing. Youll just have to live with it kause theres no getting to it.
    actually, i know a few guys from s10 forum that have done that. ill talk to them and see how you do it, ill let ya know what i find out.:bigthumb:

aighty, i got this from one of the guys who did this. i have a 98 sonoma and i did the same thing to get my corner reflector out, so it does work!:bigthumb:

to get the amber corners out you have to pry open the headlights, there are some metal clips that hold them together, but they are also glued together, so you can use a blow dryer to heat up the glue as you pry all the way around the light until they are apart and then you can take the corner lense out....

nope the key werd here is composite the plastic backing of the the light is recycled composite shitty plastic. when u put heat on it it melts the clear plastic cover and when you try to pry it the shitty back plastic just breaks and crumble sapart (DONT DO THIS). The only way i cna figure how to do it is go buy another pair at a junkyard and on one set break away all the backing and on the other set break away all the clear front. Take out the amber corners and see if you can fit in some clear corners and piece the two good pairs back to gether and put silicone all around them. Ive actually grown ok with the amber. it doesnt take away from anythang. Plus i f you could get some pics I would really LIKE to see that!!

dude, it can be done, all you have to do is be careful with it. here is a pic to prove it:bigthumb:

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    MightMouse, do you know if that trick would work on a 2002? I would assume all the lights are the same in the second gen's. I'm just gathering knowledge before I get my own. Thanks.

DAMMIT DUDE!!!!!!that is sweet!!. I still wouldnt recomend doin it without a spare set. That really looks good. I might have todo that this summer.

Originally posted by s10blazed
    MightMouse, do you know if that trick would work on a 2002? I would assume all the lights are the same in the second gen's. I'm just gathering knowledge before I get my own. Thanks.
    yeah it will work, it is very scary to do though cause the housings are bigger then the 97 down lens. so be very careful with it:bigthumb:

Slow Ride

Fugly

Those aren't clear corners, they look like they are broken.

There are ways to bleach the amber ones on there now. I can't remember where I saw the stuff. I'll check around.

its not broken its just mirrored in the bakc and at the bottom ur just seeing the yellow bulb.

Bagged 4X4 Member
    I know somebody that bought them for his s-15 and he wont tell me where he got them because he thinks im a poser and shit like that. But he bought them he said. They have the 2 actual head lights in seperate parts. Like this picture. There on a Jimmy.
    '95 GMC Jimmy, Completely Fast-Bagged 4x4 w/4-link w/18" Mille Miglia Uno's, Envoy Bumper and billet grills, Good Hood Ram-air hood, clear corners, Supra tails, Clean-shaven and being painted in Lamoborghini Orange and Cadillac White Diamond as we speak!
    BUILT NOT BOUGHT!!!
    '85 S-10, FOR SALE E-MAIL ME $3500
    '89 TBI 350, Hedman Headers, Custom Dual Vortex Exhaust, B&M Megashifter

CHLNY..You sure do talk alot of shit bout doing this..and not recomending it and then go around later to say.."hey i think im gonna do that this summer".....Anyways..anything can be done to a car..i dont care if its modifications or what...If you put your mind to it and be careful...and research it.. Of course you cant just go breaking out this piece and that..sit and think about it first before ya start smashing things!!!! you'll waste more money getting new parts!!....That's a really nice looking pic though :blazer:
    PinkPoison's #1...PinkPoison's #1....PinkPoison's #1

dont start actin like a toughass. I was ayin not to do it fer people like urs' benefit. Ive tryed and bout cracked a hole chunk of palstic out. when i said ill do it this summer if u paid attention i said id buy another set and break of a half from one then a half from another then piece them together. So shutup and dont talk on this form if ur gonna just complain about people. its not what its for.

Oh please..like you havent seen other people complain about someone elses ideas..get off the mood trip.. geez.. im free to state my opinions

:nod: :blazer:
    PinkPoison's #1...PinkPoison's #1....PinkPoison's #1