Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Truck Lowered....Brakes Werid????

any word on this yet,, my 00 jimm 2 dr has the same issues.. most of the time it son tight corners.. Its has to be front brakes.. anyoen else have any thought son this.. or probs they have seend and fixzxd

deffanitly check those rear calipers. They are very close to the stock frame. Going in or out of uneven driveways will cause the caliper to colapse. This is much more exadurated when a notch is used.
    check out my rides at www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=18534

By the way Id like to see pictures of that notch.

make sure the wheel bearings are in good shape and installed properly...make sure the caliper bolts are lubricated properly because the calipers must slide easily on the bolts

vYou want to see my notch? Sure i will take a pic of it this weekend and post it

I will take a look at those and see if those are snug thanks will let u know how it turns out

Yeah i flipped my rear brake lines and stuff, but it still does it occasionally. i cant figure out why either. oh well i just have to live with it.
    2001 GMC Jimmy --
    Bagged up front and waiting for a 4-link for the rear. Dropped 6" in the rear.
    18" Eagle Alloy 212's
    Shaved Roof Rack
    Grill Craft Sport Grill

------------------------------------------------
    Chad
    X-10 Customs
    Webmaster &
    Orange County Member
    X-10 Customs : SoCal

DesterBlazer. Take a look at your notch. Are there any scrape marks on the out side of the notch? I know your caliper has to be rubing on the frame rail/notch. because mine does and has not notch. I can only imagine that it has to be worse than mine because the notch is acctualy closet to the caliper than mine. Take a Pic of your notch and post it. We will probably be able to tell you exactly where to look.

What is happening is when the caliper hits the frame the frame pushes the caliper towards the outside of the truck this colapses the piston. Witch means your master cylinder has to refill the caliper before you get any breaking pressur. Thats why your pedal is going to the floor. The only fix I can think of is to re design your notch a little.

Im pretty sure thats exactly the problem. I didnt know that fact before though. Cause my caliper has some burly gashes on it. I will hopefully resolve that problem soon when i bag the truck(any damn day now). Then ill put in a bigger notch to clear more room.
    2001 GMC Jimmy --
    18" Eagle Alloy 212's
    Shaved Roof Rack
    Grill Craft Sport Grill

Chad
    X-10 Customs
    Webmaster &
    Orange County Member

I am sorry if I missed it, but have you checked your brake fluid level at all?

If you were talking to me, then yeah I did when i flipped the lines.
    2001 GMC Jimmy --
    18" Eagle Alloy 212's
    Shaved Roof Rack
    Grill Craft Sport Grill

Chad
    X-10 Customs
    Webmaster &
    Orange County Member

I have the same problem. it happens to me when i turn the wheel to lock, but it is worse when i am backing up with the wheel turned all the way. I have a 03 X blazer w/ a beltech 2/3 spindles and blocks w/ the rear bumpstops trimmed. i have noticed that the rear brake hoses rub the frame. i fixed that but i cant figure out the problem w/ the fronts. i looked at the front brake hoses and when the wheel is turned from lock to lock it looks like the brake hoses are being streched out.
    Last edited by 03BlazerX; 12-14-2003 at 04:05 PM.
    2003 Blazer Xteme - Airaid Intake

no looks.. they are being strectched.. i have the same problem.. Had nothing to do wiht the rear notch at all.. its all in the front when u cutt ur wheels in the front ..Like he sd below..
    After took into dealer told me to cut the front out a little or put a spacer in on the wheel so when u turn it wont hit the cailer and should fix the prob.. told me that u have to play with it unless anyone knows fixs.. he sd that allot of people have came in with same probs.. and no has came back to them with a fix..sothat where we stand.. All i know is PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTTTTTTTT TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

What is happening is when the caliper hits the frame the frame pushes the caliper towards the outside of the truck this colapses the piston. Witch means your master cylinder has to refill the caliper before you get any breaking pressur. Thats why your pedal is going to the floor.

I looked at mine at full lock; I cranked it all the way left, and the left side brake line pinched, full right and that side pinched also. Now I am clueless what measures to take, any suggestions are appreciated!
    Prepare for the worst, pray for the best; if you do, then you will ALWAYS be ready for anything! Faith ALWAYS overrides fear!

Originally posted by kirbie
    no looks.. they are being strectched.. i have the same problem.. Had nothing to do wiht the rear notch at all.. its all in the front when u cutt ur wheels in the front ..Like he sd below..
    After took into dealer told me to cut the front out a little or put a spacer in on the wheel so when u turn it wont hit the cailer and should fix the prob.. told me that u have to play with it unless anyone knows fixs.. he sd that allot of people have came in with same probs.. and no has came back to them with a fix..sothat where we stand..
    Seems kinda wierd to me, I was running my 5/6 drop for over a year with not one problem, and then as soon as I put the notch in, I had the problems almost everytime I turned full lock right/left or on angled slopes....and as soon as I cut some/grounded down the notch for more clearance against the calipers during a turn/body roll, I don't have the problem anymore. I think it's happened once or twice in 8 months. So it seems in my case, that it had something to do with the rear notch.

it has everything to do with the rear notch