Thread: pinion angle ?

pinion angle ?

i have a 5/5 drop on a 99 blaz i need to know what pinion angle i should go with or what 2 in angled blocks i can get cause i just have reg 2in blocks and i need the angle ?

Re: pinion angle ?

Originally posted by cegblaz
    i have a 5/5 drop on a 99 blaz i need to know what pinion angle i should go with or what 2 in angled blocks i can get cause i just have reg 2in blocks and i need the angle ?

I have the Belltechs, they seem t work fine. No vibrations no clunking or funny noises... I do need it Notched though... So will you...

6100BLT 2" Lowering Blocks
    6200BLT 3" Lowering Blocks

http://www.stylinconcepts.com/parts....rtfamilyid/825
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

didint u need pinion shims for it though cause i have those 2in beltech blocks and they are not angled i know i need the shims cause the rearend feels funny . what degree shims do u think i need ?smullen did u use pinion shims ?or did u get the angled blocks

Originally posted by cegblaz
    didint u need pinion shims for it though cause i have those 2in beltech blocks and they are not angled i know i need the shims cause the rearend feels funny . what degree shims do u think i need ?smullen did u use pinion shims ?or did u get the angled blocks
    Yea, you do need the angled ones or the shims... The ones I got were angled... Sorry, I assumed that all the Belltch blocks are.. Call stylinconcepts tell them your make model year, they'll have them...
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

Have you checked your angle with an angle finder? It square on two side with a free swinging pendulum pointer 360 degrees of markings about $15 at sears. I' like to know what they reccomend.

3 degrees is what I usually run w/4 link, 3 to 4 degrees with traction bars, so that when the rear end pinion and suspension torques up, the axis of the tranny and axis of the pinion are parallel.

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.

With a 5 inch rear drop, you should probably get a 2degree pinion shim.