Thread: need pic or info on a 5/6 drop

need pic or info on a 5/6 drop

i have a 1st generation s10 and i was wanting to see a pic of a 5/6 dorp on one to see how low it is going to be or if someone could just tell me how far off the ground it will be. its a standard cab 2wd fleetside bed if that helps.

this is a 5/5 drop:

5" is realistically the most you can go in the back without a C-Notch and a incredibly bumpy ride...
    this is a test of the sig

Break out the ruler, measure how high it sits now and -5". Thats how much frame clearance you'll have.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

5/5?

hey blazinlow, in your blazer stats section, it says its a 4/5 drop, but there you say its a 5/5, i plan on dropping mine the same distance as yours, so which is it? :)

Blazinlow Member
    it also says a 3/4??????

its a 5/5...

here's a note:

The first time I dropped my truck was a 3/4...I had it like that for about 3 years, then I decided to replace the springs because they were saggy and bounced real bad... So I bought the same exact 1" drop springs, installed them, and my truck was about 3" higher than it was.

The reason for all this was because the first set of springs were the standard part number they list for 82-93 S-10. I found out from belltech that these are rated for 4 cylinder engines. The extra weight of the V8 over the years compressed the springs and made the truck lower. When I put a fresh pair of these springs in that werent crunched up, it sat at its "normal" height.

Once you get to the 2nd generation S-10 springs, you see the Belltech sells a 4cyl spring and a 6 cylinder spring. I got the 3" drop coils for the 6cyl, for a total of 5".. Same spring, they are interchangeable with 1st Gen's...No more bounce, very stiff and strong. It really made a difference!!
    this is a test of the sig

what size wheels/tires/backspace are you running? I've got 225/60/15's up front at stock height and it's like half an inch away from rubbing at full lock. I want to get some IROC's and run 235's in front, but if I go down 4 or 5 inches will I have to take out inner fender and get spacers to keep them from hitting the framerails?

Oh and can I get a set of IROC's widened? I've seen it done to Torque thrusts, where they went from 15x14 to 15x15. I want to run like 275 or so in back.
    1990 Blazer 2wd 2dr. Needs power, paint, and a drop.