Thread: 'clocking' t-bar adjusters?

current title:

Question 'clocking' t-bar adjusters?

hey all- just wondering if anyone has ever tried reclocking their adjusters back (up) one hex on the end of the bar? Seems like then you should be able to keep the threaded block and bolts in there just like stock, only the suspension would be way lower...? Haven't actually tried it yet myself but was gonna try it when i get under there to do the hydros.
    at the end of a hard day, i just wanna kick back and smoke some crack.

yeah that would make sense let me knwo how it works out
    1989 blaze 4.3
    bone ass stock
    gonna be slammed soon

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    If you're talkin about what I think you are, that would be equivilent to something like a 20in drop. The geometry of the whole setup makes it impossible to have any type of suspension at all if just move the key a notch.

Maybe I misunderstood??

then theoreticly you could clock the bars and use say hydros or bags for suspension and the t-bars would hold everything in place ?
    1989 blaze 4.3
    bone ass stock
    gonna be slammed soon

current title:
    Originally posted by s10blazed
    If you're talkin about what I think you are, that would be equivilent to something like a 20in drop. The geometry of the whole setup makes it impossible to have any type of suspension at all if just move the key a notch.

Maybe I misunderstood??
    what about doing it with some of them like 3-4" lift keys?
    at the end of a hard day, i just wanna kick back and smoke some crack.

I thought of doing that too. I havent ever got around to it, so if you try, let us know how it turns out. I dont think it would drop the blazer 20" or anything close... just make sure you put the bolts all the way back in - I would imagine it would work to some extent. Try to PM Slimgu3 - see what he says. he's DA MAN!
    My Blazer is For Sale!!!

go Here -> http://www.blazinlow.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17343

just do the torsion bar trick which is basically flippin the keys so the dimples face up the put em back on so they look like the stock way and you'd be tuckin your tires

im lost. but from what i heard but never tried. you can pull the torsion bar out of the front a-arm turn it one notch and put it back in. then this way you dont need to worry about keys for lowering. if it works i dont know. like i said i never tried it.am i gonna try it. no i rather spend time and money in the sy.if this is what you guys were talking about on the above posts. sorry.
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)
    THE SURGEON GENERAL WARNING NEVER SAID ANYTHING ABOUT SMOKING A FORD

if you pulled it and turned it it wouldnt do jack it would be like flipping your coil spring over

hm im gonna have to look in to that . not saying that your wrong. i think i screwd my brain up thinking about this. DAMN I SANT WAIT FOR THE WEEKEND
    91 GMC SYCLONE(fast),88 2wd blazer(old school and sold),88 S-10 BLAZER(sold),92 4dr 2wd blazer(pink and bagged)93' s-10 blazer(plow truck),88 GTA TUNE PORT(blown motor),97 MXZ 670,01 YAMAHA RAPTOR(sleeping),87 YSR 50 CC WITH A 125 CC(never be done)

you see that i cant even spell right tonight. i need to go to bed

you can turn them any way you want and it still wont change the way it rides it is just a waste of time... but if you wanna figure it out the hard way i wont say anything else

it wont take me that long to do it. but im gonna try to draw something up. in the back of my haed i think it wil work, but you will only get the lower arm to touch the bump stop. i say thats hoe far ir will drop

you wont be able to get the keys back in. the control arms wont go up far enough to let the keys back in. with the keys flipped it barely allows the keys to get in and with the keys flipped the hex isnt turned as much as it would be in "clocked" in the original position

i flipped my keys and just cut out the top of my piece that the keys mount in so now i can adjust the keys and go to basically any height from stock to slammed depending on how the keys are turned and how tight the bolts are