Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 4x4 rims????

The thing I dont like about superbuytires.com is that they have a vehicle selector but I that it doesnt work right. It show i can get the same rims on an escalade that I could get on my truck.

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    Originally posted by gil91s10
    Hey C-town the 255&265 are the sectional with and got the 255 so it wouldn't rub on the torsion bar or make any contact with the any of the front end components. I'm not planning on racing it either and just cruising it for the summer and plan to change the tires to 255/55/18 all the way around to keep the speedo correct.
    Yeah, but if they're both 40 series, then the 265 is taller than the 255 and will eventualy tear up your transfer case. I think I remeber that a 245/45ZR18 is the same height as a 275/40ZR18, if that helps? As for the speedo, you'll get more low end torque and effectively horse power to the wheels if you go with a smaller than stock tire height and get the speedo re-calibrated to match. Plus, if you want it low, a huge tire like a 255/55R18 will rub like hell. If you're gonna go that big and stay at stock ride height then get some dubs.
    "All I need iz 1 mic"

C-town, thanks for the info and I'll have to think bout getting the speedo recalibrated since these are just my summer rims and back to the stock 4x4 rims for the winter. The 225/55/18 is closet to stock overall tire diameter according to the wheel calculater. You are right it is a tall tire and for now I think I might have to go with 255/45/18 all the way around to avoid ripping the transfer case apart and thanks for the info

Originally posted by gil91s10
    Front wheel drive rims or High Offset rims will FIt even the corvette rims in C town 216 post will fit.
    so those corvette rims will fit on a 4x4 even with the front hub that stick out? i was thinking of getting those but i thought the hub was too long ?

Corvette rims will fit a 4x4 blazer...the Z06 rims should fit also..I may be wrong, I have never seen them on a 4x4 blazer. But SLP puts the ss 10 spokes on the new adventure and they fit fine.

Yeah there will fit and I think slp is the company I saw that said they would fit also in there add because they are high offset.

gil91s-10 , since your rims are 18x9.5 with +50mm offset and have no rubbing do you think a 18x9.5 with +56mm offset will work? also they come with 275/35-18 tires, im just unsure about that +6mm difference

Hey Decifer, I'm also wondering bout the extra +6mm thinking it will push the rim further outward and with wide tire it will probably rub not to mention sticking out further on the front. The back would be fine but mine stick bout 1/2" in front due to the longer axle but the back sit flush

go to bigwheels.net it lets u pick your car then it tells u the offsets and other information and they also sell alot of tires and wheels

by the way +56 offset wont fit, on blazers the offset is 34/50, 34 is the lowest and 50 being the highest

my 18s are on my 4x4 and i am wanting to sell them so if anyone wants them email me or something.
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/i3owdown

Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.asp?profileid=11002

.:bowdown:

how much?

formerly badass97blazer badass97blazer's Avatar
    hey i3owdown how much u want for those rims?
    bye bye blazer, hello noma

http://www.cardomain.com/id/silvernoma