Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bumpstop on a 3/4

ya i was lookin under there and its like 4.5" between the bumpstop and axle so thats liek half incho of travel ouch. u have any problem with frame clearance with the 3/3 like on speed bumps etc.

I havent had any problems with ground clearance except for one part in the BP's parking lot on jasper, I swear there used to be a wall there

Puttin the "Sport" in SUV hivoltagedriver's Avatar
    I have a 4" drop in the rear and a 5" in the front (they sent me 3" instead of 2" coils and I didn't know it until I installed them.) I hit the bumpstops in the front and the rear, and I have the short polyeurethane ones in the front. I have drop shocks on order to stiffen up the front, as well as a 1 1/4" sway bar that is going on next weekend. The rear hits the stock bump stops fairly often. I need to lower it another inch, but that has to wait a couple of weeks until I can C notch it, because I am sure that is would hit the frame if I just pull out the stops. Don't know if any of that was useful for you or not, but you were asking about a 4/4 drop.

prostreet87 - been snow bound with out net access for a couple day as I had been netzeroing in for free but ran out of time... again. I'm getting road runner installed tommorrow!

This is the best photo I had at work showing the 29x18.5 tires so I scanned it in. Hope it helps.

These M/T tires are worthless on wet pavement. Before I started the dual engine project it had a 400 smallblock/ turbo 350 running 12.65 in the 1/4. For suspension its got ladder bars/ coilovers and a 9" ford w/ 4.10 locker.

The skinny front tires are the matching sportmans and if you miss the potholes with the front wheels you can steam roller over just about any hole with the rears.
    Attached Images Attached Images

that looks kick ass. yea you can tell that they "fit" the truck. do you have a panhard bar on the rear?

bump

No, running a diagonal link on the ladder bars. I'll post a pic tommorrow.

great, thanks.

PROSTREET87 -You don't really want to run a single link panhard bar. There are better choices. The diagonal link I'm running is pretty straight forward but not as robust as a wishbone.

The best is a Z bar setup, sometime I've heard it called a dual panhard, which has a bar coming off each frame rail and a link bar that pivots on the back of the rear end. NO body roll induced motion and can take alot more sideways force. This setup does eat up space behind the axle and in the pic you'll see why I've got the diagonal link the four- 2 1/4 inch exhaust pipes going over the 9" axle and 4 mufflers behind eat up some space.

Still not allowed to post pic yet, I'm gonna have to become a supporter. PM me an email as I've got the pics available.

weird height wit leafs

ive bought the belltech 3/3 drop for a 4x4 blazer (with rear leafs) and i got the kit on with ease but i have recently noticied that my rear drivers side is 3/4 of a inch to a inch higher then my passanger rear? can n e 1 help me with this??? ive had the kit on for about a month or so now if that makes a difference

The "Chevy Lean" baby. Get used to it. It is a common problem. You have to adjust spring rates or drop block sizes to compensate for it.

might sounds like a stupid question but...spring rates?

probably not something you want to mess with, but you could have custom leafs made, or if you had coil-overs you could adjust them individually. You are probably better off just adjusting ride height with different sized blocks.

Like I said though, that is a very common problem. Put a few miles on it and see if the springs settle a little more evenly first.

How long (how many miles) have you had the drop kit on there?

notsure the exact amount but prolly some where between 250-500 ish?

let them settle a little longer (maybe 1500 miles?), then if it is still off, consider adjusting with different sized blocks in the rear. Did you use springs only in the rear to get a 3" drop? Or are you using blocks now?
    Last edited by hivoltagedriver; 08-14-2006 at 10:35 PM.