Thread: 2 blocks to drop the rear 5-6

2 blocks to drop the rear 5-6

I know this will get some response. I plan on stacking 2 blocks in the rear to get the drop i want, since i have air shocks i should be able to pick it up a little. I have 4s in right now and plan on another 1 or 2. It might be close to the stop then but i can take that off. Can someone tell me if they have done this or if they know someone who has done it. thanks benc

well as s10blazed will fill in the blanks. he knows of someone who has done it and it didnt turn out too well, more like bad. so DONT stack blocks. I dont know the details as to why but for the love of god DONT!.
    Originally posted by bigjsp
    :rolleyes:

Ba - bup - pa pa da dang ga dang dang yi dip ti ta dip - blue moon

shoo be do wop!

Just picture your grandparents "bumping uglies" in the back seat of a 57 chevy

I have heard of stacking 2 4in blocks and no problems. It was on a 2.8 so alittle less power.

Never stack block. It's just a rule of thumb for safety. If you want the extra 2 inches, just get lowering leafs, take a leaf or 2 out, or have your current leafs de-arched.

Three ways to change your stance through leafs and be safer than stacking blocks.

Nate

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.

Ever seen the rear end of an s-10 come out while going down the road? If not, and you want to, I suggest stacking as many blocks as your heart desires.

IF you don't want to mess your ride up, go ahead and get new leafs, de-arch them, or take some leaf's out of the pack.

:nono: Don't stack blocks :nono:

how much of a drop do you get out of a de-arch? and where do you get this done? any spring shop?

if you want bigger blocks go to a pep boys near you they sell 5.5 inch blocks that are for raisin a 4x4 up. they are angled an id imagine that you could us them to drop the back of your s-10 they are like 75 bucks for the pair and they might have 6.5 blocks too but i cant remember. the guy said somethin about stackin blocks but i wasnt gonna do that. just go an have em look it up in the catalog, i think they were made by trailmasters, but not sure

Before I bagged my blazer it was lowered 6 in the rear. I got a 3" drop leaf dearched it 2" at the eyelets and used a 1" block. If you stack blocks or use to large of blocks you will wrap your axle up.
    My mom said I could be what ever I wanted to be when I grew up.........I wanted to be an asshole

Click here for more info on my ride

Click here to see some railin video

FUCK THE FACTORY!!! blazinberto's Avatar
    actually i did see the ass end fly out of an s10 once.. i was riding in it.
    Don't Sweat the petty things, Pet the sweatty things!!!!!!!

Knob Noster Occupation: Pimping you out. Photoshop Diety.

Fun huh? I had a friend who had a nissan, and he had like 2 3 inch blocks, and he hit a good pothole and just ripped everything out.. that was scary b/c we were going like 50 mph.