Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4x4 Drop and shave. Please Help!!!

Tahoe Owning Member

Lightbulb 4x4 Drop and shave. Please Help!!!

OK....I am 15 and just got my blazer a few months ago. I am looking at rims and found the ones i want. Im not sure on the exact size but i think they r 18's. i want to drop my truck but its a rwd 4x4. ive been lookin all over. if any 1 knows were i can get somthing to drop it for cheap, please help me. i want bout 4 in the front 3 in the back, or 3 all around. Also, just wondering but, if i want to shave the roof rack/spare tire, does bondo work good, and would i have to dent in the space around it for it to work. i know i should weld, but i dont feel like doing all that stuff. Thanx....Lata!!!

hey im 17 know what u mean when u say u cant find nuttin for it cause i got my truck when i was 15 and couldnt find nuttin to lower it but after comin on here and readin stuff i have learned alot but to lower it in the rear u just do the same as a 2 wheel drive i have 3 in blocks or u can get drop leaf springs what ever floats ur boat but for the front i just let the torsion bar adjuster bolt all the way down and my truck has a nice level ride height at a 3 in drop but u can also do the torsion bar trick or the bolt trick just search for em on here and it will tell u how to do and the best part bout the 4x4 is that the front doesnt cost anything xcept alignment but i didnt have to align mine with the drop i got hope this helps
    PICS OF MY TRUCK AT http://www.cardomain.com/id/rjs_04
    My old truck www.cardomain.com/id/rjs04
    DONT BE A FAG.... HIT SOME SWITCHES AND DRAG!!!!

Tahoe Owning Member
    Thanx rjs04. thats wa i was looking for, but by the torsion bar trick, wa exactly should i do?? wa size tires do u have on urs? and how good does the 3 inch drop look wit 18" rims. not sure on the exact size of the tire and everything yet.

right now i only have 15s hopin to get 18s in a couple of months the tires are 235/60 i think ill check tomorrow too cold to go out right now but i think that is what it is i know the top of the tire is 25 inches off the ground but it looks pretty good not very many people know its a 4x4 till i tell em

Lowered Dreamz Lowered Dreamz 4x4's Avatar
    first of all it is very bad to do a drop in the front of your ride with just the torsion bar. they do make a drop spindle for it, it is through belltech. if your lookin for a 3 inch drop, get the 2 inch drop spindle, then lower it another inch by torsion, it will help out your ride quality. as for the rear of your truck, i believe i got my blocks from godfather, i got 4's. now rjs04 has the right idea about the lower leaf springs, but i do not think you can get them for your truck, i think you have to deal with just leaving one leaf and the helper, then go ahead and cut your bumpstop. thats as much as i know, i may be wrong. ill admit it so dont kill the helper.
    blue/purple primer, blue tailights, shaved washer sprayers, luggage rack, tailgate, and emblems, cervini's airdam with phantom billet grille insert, matching billet grille insert in the grille shell, interior painted black and blue.

CLonInG IN ProgReSS (ha) JuStBlAzIN's Avatar
    195687 did u say your truck is 4x4?????? i am very possitive that they do not make a drop spindle for 4x4's(lowered dreams 4x4) i have looked all over their site and have not found anything. but if u are just looking for 3 inches i sudjest that u do the torsion bar trick. 3 inches aint much and u should be able to get the wheels aligned.
    "Fords are like tampons, every pussy has one!"

RIP..... 89 s10blazer

Tahoe Owning Member
    thanx guys. i havnt found any drop spindles either and yes mine is a 4x4. ive looked everywere. does the 3 inch drop wit the torsion bar ride smooth enough. i doubt i eva go on long trips wit this so it just has to be smooth enough for around town. also, wa else do i need to do besides the torsion bar?????? ive heard something bout the keys..........and is any1 has done the torsion bar trick can they post there pics up hea so i can see them......thanx again.....

FUCK THE FACTORY!!! blazinberto's Avatar
    They do not make a drop spindle for a 4x4 b/c 4x4's dont have spindles.. If they did. everyone with a 4wd would be running around 5 inches lower in the front.
    Don't Sweat the petty things, Pet the sweatty things!!!!!!!

lowered dreamz 4x4 4x4s dont have spindles as blazinberto said and the rear is exactly the same as any other s10 so they do make drop leaf springs for em

I got my drop kit for $1100 CDN with shocks and installed. It is the belltech 4x4 kit it is 3" all round. But i would definatly get shocks if you do drop it. it's a shit ride without em, and your 18's will fit as long as you keep your tiires the right size. I'm mean close to stock hieght but no bigger. I have no problems with my stock tires (235/75/15) or my summer tires (255/35/20).

Oh and rjs04 they do have drop leafs for 4x4's thats what i have. But you could also run blocks out back if you wanted.

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    hey if you r getting 18's you might wanna make sure that they will not stick out. You have to get the right offset and they cant be wider than 8". Your offset should probably be around +38mm to +42mm. Moat people with 4x4's have a hard time finding rims that not only look nice but will either tuck or be flush with the fenders.
    Good Bye Blazer

Banned
    I personally dont see the point of dropping a damn 4x4.. But thats my opinion.. Im not flaming so please no one take this the wrong way.. If you want to slam something then do it the right way and buy a 4x2 ride.. Its much easier and isnt such of a heavy ride.. I know a 4x4 has to be a little more heavier then a 2-wheel drive one.. So just learn at it this way, a 4x2 is so much easier to lower and ya dont gotta have the sticking out of the tires either which looks like shit i think..:D

ONCE BAGGED 4X4 MEMBER Trigga187's Avatar
    Im not taking this the wrong way but I am kinda annoyed by ur response. I dont think he cares if a 2wd is lighter or easier to drop. The thing is that most of us 4x4 owners are stuck with them. I've tried to keep my mouth shut when people ask about dropping a 4x4 and other people reply with "Get a 2wd, 4x4's suck" or something like that, but now its really getting anoying.:mad: :evilfu:
    Good Bye Blazer

some people need 4 wheel drive and want to be low at the same time...its nice to have traction when you need it..
    DONT POST ON THE 4X4 FORUM IF YOUR JUST GOING TO SAY BS COMMENTS ABOUT 4X4'S!! either help or go post a flame thread about 4x4's thread in off topic if you feel the need to be a smart ass

I wouldn't worrie about the rims being 8"or less. lots of people on here including me run 8.5 with no problem. And with a 3"drop your wheels don't even come close to the fenders. My wheels stick out cause i got the wrong offset.