Thread: Big Block Chevy S-10 Blazer

Question Big Block Chevy S-10 Blazer

Ok, everyone, I posted this question in the V8 Conversion Forum and haven't gotten a reply yet.

I'm looking for anyone who knows somebody who has done a Big Block chevy Conversion into a 1st Generation S-Truck. I am in the beginning of my conversion and would like some technical guidance as far as what problems to expect and things I need to do to make it as painless as possible.

Im installing a 502 Mark VI in my 1988 S-10 Blazer. If anyone knows anyone personally who has done this, please have them contact me at 4wheeler@Bigfoot.com or post it here.

Thank You.
    Dean (Melbourne, Florida)

88 S-10 Blazer sitting on top of shortened 84 4x4 Suburban Frame and Running Gear. Soon to be Big Block Powered - 468 C.I.

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    i think your going to be the first to pull that off, does that help?
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

There has been quite a few big block conversions. After my 383 shits out I am going 454. Check out the s-series forums. There are a few guys on there that have done it several times.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

im thinking of putting a big block in mine but i cant find headers for it so for now i'm going with my small block but let me know if you figure out something i would like to know

Headers.........No Problem

Hey, Slick,

I see you are also from Florida. What part?

There is a compnay in Orlando called American Motorsports on Orange Blossom Trail that fabricates custom headers, so I don't think that will be a problem.

I appreciate everyones help so far. Please if you know anyone, please have them get in contact with me.
    Dean (Melbourne, Florida)

88 S-10 Blazer sitting on top of shortened 84 4x4 Suburban Frame and Running Gear. Soon to be Big Block Powered - 468 C.I.

i am in the process of putting a 402 big block in my blazer. it is not real easy cause i have to notch the front frame just to try and get it in the right place
    87 Chevy Blazer 2dr 2wd (lowered daily driver)
    86 GMC Jimmy 2dr 2wd (bagged soon to be bodydropped)
    86 Chevy Blazer 2dr 2wd (Project)

I have talked to quite a few people who have put BB's in 1st gen blazers. You don't have to cut or bend anything. Zero Modifications.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend