Thread: Big Block Chevy S-10 Blazer

Big Block Chevy S-10 Blazer

Ok, everyone, I posted this question in the V8 Conversion Forum and haven't gotten a reply yet.

I'm looking for anyone who knows somebody who has done a Big Block chevy Conversion into a 1st Generation S-Truck. I am in the beginning of my conversion and would like some technical guidance as far as what problems to expect and things I need to do to make it as painless as possible.

Im installing a 502 Mark VI in my 1988 S-10 Blazer. If anyone knows anyone personally who has done this, please have them contact me at 4wheeler@Bigfoot.com or post it here.

Thank You.
    Dean (Melbourne, Florida)

88 S-10 Blazer sitting on top of shortened 84 4x4 Suburban Frame and Running Gear. Soon to be Big Block Powered - 468 C.I.

Dude, your doing a full custom blazer. And your using a fullsize frame to do so. I doubt anybody can help you out with that. Why did you decide to use a fullsize frame?? Seems too much work to me. What are you having problems with. Looks like your just dumping a s-10 blazer body on a K5 frame
    Last edited by ZZ4Blazer; 02-19-2002 at 08:36 AM.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

I understand nobody has done what I'm doing before, but I know that there are people who have done a big block conversion into an s-series truck and I would like to find out what kind of problems they had.

88 S-10 Blazer sitting on top of shortened 84 4x4 Suburban Frame and Running Gear. Soon to be Big Block Powered - 468 C.I.

Only problem I'd see is getting the blazer body on the frame. You shouldn't have any problems with the motor, cause that frame had the option of a big block from factory. You just might need to do some mods to the firewall.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Yeah, as you can see, I already got the body mounted to the frame. I also already cut a huge hole in my firewall. Once the engine is fitted, I have to box in the firewall opening. Kinda like a van, but not as big.

Yeah, just as an update, I removed the body again today. I'm getting reday to sandblast the frame, running gear and suspension, and then paint it. I placed the body on the ground. I'll have to send a pic, It really looks like a extremely body dropped blazer now.