Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Roll Cage for 1st Gen. S-10 Blazer

Question Roll Cage for 1st Gen. S-10 Blazer

I'm looking to install at least an 8 point roll cage in my S-10 Blazer.

Its a completely stripped race truck.

Does anyone know of a manufactuer that makes one? It can be an 8 or 10 or even a 12 point, it doesn't matter.

I would rather buy one "ready to install" than to have to have one fabricated.
    Dean (Melbourne, Florida)

88 S-10 Blazer sitting on top of shortened 84 4x4 Suburban Frame and Running Gear. Soon to be Big Block Powered - 468 C.I.

Body Mod Genius
    look on www.jegs.com they had mine for my pick up I wouldn't see why they wouldn't have yours. Shipping prices suck but you got to do what you have to do later

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    dont be a pussy, fuck a roll cage hahahaha!
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

Believe me,

I would rather not spend the time and money on a roll cage but, those damn safety inspectors at track mandate it on the open unlimited class. Same goes for 5 point harnesses and helmets

88 S-10 Blazer sitting on top of shortened 84 4x4 Suburban Frame and Running Gear. Soon to be Big Block Powered - 468 C.I.

I checked with Jegs, and Summit, and even www.ioracing.com/rollbars and they don't have one. A custom 10 point should not cost more than $500. To be legal under 12.9 in the 1/4, I believe it has to just be welded in and a certain thickness steel. I got kicked out of the test-n-tune this fall with my Mustang for running a 12.3, with no helmet, or cage, and I didn't bother to ask an official, but asked a local instead.

Ok, thank you for looking, I also have been looking quite abit.

Whats the difference going to be between the rollcage for a blazer and a pickup?

I would think the one for a pickup would work in my blazer.

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    To save weight you should get the fiberglass 1 peice nose from US Parts unlimmited at:
    www.UP22.com
    It's sweet!
    Can't you just use an S-10 roll cage. They stick out through the rear window anyway so only the rear back half or your roof would cave in durring a complete roll over. Also, replace the whole roof skin with a 4X8 ft sheet of fiberglass from Home Depote and your side and rear windows with plexi and you could save another 200 lbs.
    Lose the rear window wing hinges for some smooth ones. It adds drag and upward pull reducing traction. Pontiac fierro wings on the roof add some nice down force when going over 100 MPH.

Weight Saving Tips

Thanks for your ideas,

I planned on doing all of them already, except I didn't think about replacing the sheet metal on the roof with a fiberglass sheet. Is it really gonna make that much weight difference? All it is is thin sheet metal on the roof...........Maybe I'm wrong. But you are right, I'm trying to save as much weight as possible. The inside in COMPLETELY STRIPPED. I even went as far as to grind off all of the seat studs, the console brackets, every little thing have been ground off. The windshield has already been removed, as well as the driver and passenger side windows. I'm waiting for the 3/16" lexan. I've already taken the "wing" style hinges off the back window, as well as removed the glass and tail gate for now. When I reinstall, it will be with 1/8" lexan and smooth hinges.

About the one piece fiberglass front end. How should I attach it? I want it to be lift off not tilt forward. I suppose it would be hood pinned down, right? Where would you mount the hood pins? I know one set would go in the firewall where the wiper cowl is, but what about the front end? Do you use the existing core support just with additional braces?

I know its alot of questions, but those were just some things on my mind.

Hey, I'm gonna go outside and take some more pics with my cheap ass digital camera. It will give you a better idea off what I'm doing.

Slow Ride
    Last edited by Slow Ride; 04-25-2002 at 02:09 PM.

Hmmm, Slam my Blazer, eh?

I've never seen a Blazer tuckin' 38's. It wouldn't really be that hard to lower it enough to do that either.

Well anyways, to quote Blazin Low's main page: "Thanks for visiting Blazin Low, the BEST Blazer site on the net! We've got a lot of stuff not only for Blazer nuts, but also S-10 owners, and anybody who likes crazy car and truck stuff!! "

Hmmmm, It must be "the thin air that has impaired my vision" but I don't see anything about ONLY SLAMMED BLAZERS, and if you can't appreciate a project S-10 Blazer powered by a 502 Rat Motor, then I think you are the one who doesn't belong here.

Please don't take offense to anything I have said, I'm just defending my truck and myself.

:tool:

Here's some pics

Pics of my Project

Slow Ride

Get a different Blazer to slam

First off you are going to need that rollcage so you don't kill yourself when you high side that creation of yours. Also you might want to put wheelie bars on it w/ a 502.

A friend of my brother put a Dodge Omni on a Ford truck chassis w/ a 390 and he almost tips the thing over without a lift.

Be careful I don't want to see another Blazer destroyed as much as the next guy.

more pics

more

more