Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Roll Cage for 1st Gen. S-10 Blazer

still more
    Dean (Melbourne, Florida)

88 S-10 Blazer sitting on top of shortened 84 4x4 Suburban Frame and Running Gear. Soon to be Big Block Powered - 468 C.I.

more some more

88 S-10 Blazer sitting on top of shortened 84 4x4 Suburban Frame and Running Gear. Soon to be Big Block Powered - 468 C.I.

Slow Ride
    Last edited by Slow Ride; 04-25-2002 at 02:12 PM.

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    what the hell kinda track ar you going to takin your blaze to? that things a monster man! I'm really against most lifed s10 blazers just cause i know that they wouldn't do that good offroad. But i like your blazer, prolly cause its so fckin huge. if i were you i would just make it show quailty and not trash it at the track but thats just me..keep it real bro
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!

Man, thats a great idea and all, but thats in MY opinion and only my opinion is the quickest way to totaly screw up a good blazer. :(
    but hey, different strokes for different folks right. fix 'er up a little and that can be a nice truck. I personally think you should have when with the k-7 for something like that.
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

'93 Typhoon / 97 Isuzu C-Town216's Avatar
    Using the Blazer body was actually a very smart idea cuz it's so E Z to save weight on it vs. a fullsize truck. With all the fiberglass availible for the 1st gen body it should come out pretty kool. Maybe everyone in here is gonna raz you for the swampers but I got that solved for you.
    Industrial back hoes ride on 46 inch rear tires in the rear. They are on 22.5 in rims (semi truck!) You can pick up a 14 bolt, 8 lug dually rear end pretty cheap. Unless you are allready at 8 lugs, I wasn't sure. Even the 5 or 6 lug trucks can do what I'm thinking.
    Get some chromed ALCO stars (22 1/2 x 12 I think) from ALCO of corse for like $250.00 each, hell that's chjeaper than my 18's were. Then slap some REAL tires on them! Hey, 23's are what's in, right, well 22.5 is close enough for me. You'll have to make the adapters outta some old steel rims. Just plazma cut the centers outta the outter rim and mount semi truck studs(12) on them. That's how the "BigFoot" guy's do it! If you were worried about tipping these wheels should lower your center of gravity conciderabally!

Rolling on 20's

Thats kinda weird that you say that about putting 23's under my Blazer.

I have a 2000 C2500 Pickup with a 454 (7.4L). I'm currently waiting for the time and money to install another 7 inches of lift so that I can fit a 40" Military Tire thats made for a 20" rim. I'm gonna get a set of KMC Tanks for it. My truck is 8 lug and all so my options are limited.

8 lug can be made 5 or 6 very easy to open up your rim options. Just find a wrecked truck and swap the rear end and spindles and rotors, hubs the whole set up.
    I made my '92 Mazda B2200 a 5 lug with a set of Toyota spindles and a 9 inch that was on a 4X4 Ranger. I had Lightening 18's on it until I slammed it with duall air shocks on every corner and the rimms didn't fit so I got some Mustang Cobra R's. They tucked nice. That truck was the shit with a supercharged Ford 302 5.0 and a 6 speed Summit alluminum tranny. It had the Radical drop top and the Mazda-Rosa body kit. The hood scoop was a 6 inch rise made by welding a '96-'97 Mustang GT hood onto it so it was ram air into the blower. It had 8 JL 10's in a plexi bandpass blow through from the bed powered by 2 Sound Stream 1000 watt at 1 ohm amps. It was painted like a pack of Newport smokes teal with black pin stripes on the bottom, a gold body line, and a white top and bed cover. Said NEWPORT on the windsheild and had the up-sid-down white "Nike" swoosh on the smooth tail gate. Damn I miss that truck! When I can I want to buy it back. I only sold it because my son was comming and we needed me to have a truck with a rear seat.
    Anyway, check out this month's Sport Truck. they turned an 8 lug 3500 Quad Cab Dually into a short bed 5 lug Cadillac Excavator.

you need to get it made custom for you if you buy one out of jegs it wont pass inspection at a god track you can get away with it at orlando speedworld but if you go to a good track you wont

Yeah Slick,

I think thats what I have settled on. I figured if I'm gonna have to have it welding up anyways. I might as well just have my welder fabricated one and be done with it.

I noticed from the pics that your "high rider" sets a little higher in the front than it does in the back? It looks like you've got plenty of clearance for the tires so I wouldn't jack up the back any more, but I'd lower the front a few inches before I took any mean jumps if you wanna land them nice. Grave Digger and Goldberg have a Hella rake on them and they are the top dawgs so I'd follow suit and run a nice rake to the front. Plus it will help you see the little guys down in front of you like the rest of us in slammed minis.

No, no, no,

Its not a Monster Truck, its a Drag Truck.

Just instead of a 1/4 mile of asphault, I race it on 200 feet of mud.

ctown. It doesn't have a motor. It will level right back out once he gets that 502 in.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Owner/Pimp of "Green Ho"

Oh Yeah!

Originally posted by 8mpg
    ctown. It doesn't have a motor.
    That's why I can see through the wheel wells.:D

What's a good ET through 200 ft. of mud? How deep is the mud?
    Do they spray you off with a fire hose when your done?
    Last edited by blueskyjack; 02-15-2002 at 03:12 PM.
    '94 Jimmy, 4.3 CPI, CFM Stage III heads, competition valve job, Ferrea stainless valves, Comp 1.52 rollers, ARP studs, K&N FIPK & CAI, Stage II chip, 160 stat, #60 electric fan, UD crank pulley, Zexel w/3.42, B&M Shift+, Dynomax SS UltraFlo catback, Jacobs ignition w/UltraCoil & 8mm Taylor Spiro-Pro, #1 RapidFires

Never been to mud drags?

Its really not a timed thing. Its like a elimination. You just race other trucks.
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend