Thread: RACING Bags or Lowering Kit?

RACING Bags or Lowering Kit?

I wanna race my blazer when I put a V8 under the hood, but at the same time, I want to lay frame when I park. I got an estimate for about $1000 for a full kit, which won't include install. I am just wondering if I should lower the truck with a Bell Tech drop kit or should spend the difference and put bags on it, is it gonna effect the ride any different when I'm racing? Would it be better to know that the suspension is stiff rather then be floatin on air? I'm still in the planning stage as I just bought the truck a few weeks ago. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and is that price even worth it for the bags? Or am I gettin ripped off?
    ________
    TOYOTA KD ENGINE
    Last edited by I8A4RE; 03-12-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Well I am going to have to recomend BAGS! A $1000 is a great deal, if it includes everything. What size line? Solenoid valves? Tank & Comp? As for racing, to my knowledge it's better to be close to the ground. I don't race mine (2.8 :( ) and I know there wouldn't be problem with the bags, just more fun!
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

Body Mod Genius
    there is one problem with the bags if u plan to race and have a lot of tourque( sorry about spellin) the bag will actually suck up that power by compresings and the bell tech spring won't all that power when u get on it will be on your passenger side rear wheel if u ever look a street/ drag car you'll see they have a hard sleeve that runs right inside the spring to stop this its up to u I like bags 1000 is a great deal but for racing i think springs are better

That's correct, so it all comes down to:
    Is it a drag truck that pushes mad torque?
    Or is it a weekend street racer/show truck?
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

I think I'm leaning towards more of a weekend show truck/driver. I just want to be able to drop the gas when I'm at a light against anyone that wants to run. I'm tired of cars pulling up to a light next to my S10 truck, hearing the sound of the exhaust, which by the way is only a 4 banger, and wanting to run. I bought the blazer to have some fun with. I am restricted because of the Cali smog laws, but I just want a fast truck. I'm probably gonna start puttin some cash into it in about 6 months or so, and I just want to make sure that I do it all right the first time around. All information provided is greatly appreciated, as some of the people around here don't believe it can be done.
    ________
    Scuderia Ferrari
    Last edited by I8A4RE; 03-12-2011 at 07:19 AM.

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    I don't normally go by this book, but JTR's (JagsThatRun) book on the V8 swap in a S10 gives you all the info you need to build a V8 with Smog stuff to make it Legal in Cali.

You said your still saving and you need to gather sum info, so I thought I would throw that info in your direction.
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

If I can find away around the book believe me I will! I picked up the book and I read it morning, noon, and night. I just dont want to do this swap more times then I have to. It explains a lot about using camaro manifolds, but I really don't want that kind of restriction and I don't want to re route the pipes. I was thinking about getting the shorty headers from Summit, since I'll probably end up paying the same price for them. Ultimately I want the most HP I can get, but at the same time I want the thing to look sick. Is there a book anywhere that deals with installing bags?
    ________
    VAPIR OXYGEN VAPORIZER
    Last edited by I8A4RE; 03-12-2011 at 07:20 AM.