Thread: Please help I cant Enjoy my truck

Exclamation Please help I cant Enjoy my truck

:confused: this goes out to anyone who thinks they can help. I have an 85 s10 blazer andor some reason it doesnt charge my alternator. i re wired my stereo 3 time and the same shit happens, it drains my batt.any way can any one tell me where to get a double pully hi amp alternator, i live in San Francisco. I wanna thank this web site for having a place for peeps like me to go thank u Nviousblazin:cool:

Sounds like the alt. to batt. wire. It's a fat wire that comes off the + terminal and connects to the alternater. Bad wire or bad connection.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

like he said tho
    could be the whole alternator itself
    i had that probelm
    took the stock one out and put a high output alternator in...solved all my problems
    my lights barely dim now @ idle when the bass hits :D :D :D
    '92 S-10
    Vortec 4.3L CPI engine
    MSD ignition control unit
    ACCEL wires & components
    BLAZIN it down the streets of Bellmore

MTX/Rockford Fosgate system
    280 watts of sub-pumpin power
    400 watts rippin those highs and mids
    all faced by a Pineer DEHP4100

The ONE and The ONLY BlazinBlue's Avatar
    there are some plases that can actually UPGRADE your altinator. mine was 65amp and now 100. can't remember the cost but it was a little cheeper than buying a new one.

ALSO, I suggest an EVERSTART BATT. with BOTH posts. I left my stereo on during school, it was playing when I got into my car and it still statrted. way both posts? I keep my blazers batt mounts the same as stock but I have my BIG MONSTER POWER cable on top and you wont belive how many people will ask WHERES YOUR NEGITIVE WIRE? It looks betta to me.

(IN NO WAY DOSE THIS POST SUGGEST LEAVING YOUR STEREO ON FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME!!!)
    Tulsa Chaper VP - Vertically Challenged
    :smoker: - 1989 S10 Blazer 2dr - 1995 F/S 4x4 -:smoker:

BLAZINLOW MEMBER #11

I solved the problem of my lights dimming when the bass hit by installing a 0.5 farad capacitor. I've got a 1000 watts and it works great.
    I like my trucks like I like my women; WHITE & SHAVED!

ive got the .5farad cap too ;)
    and with my 110 amp alternator
    barely dims now
    '92 S-10
    Vortec 4.3L CPI engine
    MSD ignition control unit
    ACCEL wires & components
    BLAZIN it down the streets of Bellmore

MTX/Rockford Fosgate system
    280 watts of sub-pumpin power
    400 watts rippin those highs and mids
    all faced by a Pineer DEHP4100

Slow Ride

Charging problem

I had a problem very similar to yours.

Check the ground cable going to the engine as well as the one to your front fender. Also if possible get the biggest possible ground from the battery to the body. All of the juice for the stereo goes through the one on the fender usually. The juice flows from negative to positive.

I've seen some guys put in 1/0ga. red positive and use 10.ga. or smaller on the ground.

With wire the bigger the better.

I use 1/0 for all my main wire runs and 4ga. off the distribution block. I also use 8ga. for the subs and 10ga. for the mids and highs. I only have 150watts rated power from an Orion 225HCCA to 2 12"DVC's and an Orion 250HCCA to 2 sets of 6 1/2's and tweets.

Actual power is closer to 800watts but try to use the biggest wire you can and ALWAYS use a fuse or circuit breaker under the hood as close to the battery as possible.

As for a higher output alternator, Ohio Generator makes remanufactured ones that put out a ton of juice. I had a 300amp alternator in a Honda I had (yuck!!!):( it cost me over a grand for it though. Danm foreign backward rotating junk.