Thread: Mods for 2002 S10 2.2 Liter 4 Cyl

Question Mods for 2002 S10 2.2 Liter 4 Cyl

What are some good mods for a 2.2 Liter 4 Cylinder Chevy s10?
    Mikel Wyatt

Throw it away, lol.

I wouldnt' waste too much money on the 2.2. Intake, good air filter, exhuast, and an ignition upgrade.

These will help with performance, as well as improve fuel economy.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

A GOOD mod is to drop it off a cliff :D J/K dont really do that

But the fact is u could drop $4,000 in ur motor, and I could drop $2,000 in my V6. And you still would have no luck beating the 4.3.

Do intake, jet chip, exhaust, and a nitrous xpress kit. That way u can use the nitrous kit on any GM Efi u own or will own.
    2003 Blazer Xtreme

Mods at: http://www.cardomain.com/id/xtremeblzr03

The Baby Seal Says: drewdaddyblazin's Avatar
    If i were you, might as well try to put a V8 in it or just buy a new truck with the 4.3 in it and upgrade the 4.3... The 2.2 liter engine is too weak to upgrade, just dont put too much into that engine...

drew
    (08:25:41 PM) AndySeals355: shes one of those jesus loves everyone types lol
    (08:25:42 PM) Zachary188: when she's ontop you'll have the cross necklace hitting you in the face!
    (08:25:49 PM) AndySeals355: LMFAO

If you want to keep the 2.2 and upgrade - cuz it's new and you are still paying for it and all - check here: http://sportruckspecialties.com/STSProducts.htm
    I found these guys while I still had the 2.2 and wasn't quite ready for the V8. They were working on a turbo, but I can't find it on the site right now.
    '97 Hombre with a 357
    My web page

Mr. Motor
    It's a four cylinder meant for gas mileage save your money on gas. The places you are going will still be there when you get there.

Banned
    Mr. 2.8 - It's a four cylinder meant for gas mileage save your money on gas. The places you are going will still be there when you get there.
    Haha, your just mad cuz you have a weak engine to.

J/K;) but whats the fun of accelerating slowly.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

Mr. Motor
    When you get older you get more adapted to reatlity. I here you
    about the slow acceleration, but some people have to work with what they got. I have multiple vehicles. Some get good gas milage some don't. One car I have could beat alot of cars going backwards (Including a 4.3 Blazer)
    People can piss an moan about there weak engines, but the last 2.8 engine I had lasted around 210,000 miles. It's sometimes not all about 0 to 60 time some times it's about 0 to 200,000 miles on the odometer.

draggin rocker member clean n low 84's Avatar
    pick up the new minitruckin, they put some headers on a 2.2 and got some decent results. You really cant do much. If i owned one and wanted to get more performance i'd go with: headers, high flow cat, intake, jet chip, and ignition upgrade like zz4 said. You'd notice quite a bit of difference but plan on being able to beat 4.3's...
    DRAG THAT SHIT!!!

My SSM profile, drop a tag!