Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Anymore New Info On Raw 2nd Gen Roll Pan?

As far as the roll pan, I simply cut the step part off, about 1.5 inches from where it rolls downward (so basically I left 1 1/2" of the step attached. You could leave it like this or smooth out the stock license plate mount and mount the plate where ever you desire. I used the backing of the stock mount, and boxed in the sides. To mount it to the frame rails, I welded 2 plates about 3" X 6" X 1/8" onto the forward side of the rollpan, so they slip right on the side of the frame rail, align it all and drill a couple holes and bolt it up. Where the plates are welded onto the rollpan determines where the pollpan gets centered at (from side to side)so check, check and double check before welding them on. And one last thing for the side skirts, i used the factory support bars, to support the bottom of the skirts, just bend them a little and drill a hole in the bottom of the skirt.

Any question on this, email me or give me a call, always glad to help (email me for my #)

http://www.cardomain.com/id/1loblzr

3rd place Texas Heatwave 02 Mini SUV street, 1st place Texas Showdown 03 SUV Street, 2nd place Texas Heatwave 03 Mini SUV Full modified, 1st Place Rollout 2K3 SUV mild, 2nd place Houston Autorama semi mini sport wagon, 2nd place Dustoff 04 SUV Wild, 3rd lakefront tour 04, 1st heatwave 06, 2nd Dustoff 06

I could do the mods later on in the year for some people though, Im trying to get everything done on mine right now for Texas Heat Wave (New Head Unit, Subs&Encloseure, and door pods :)

3rd place Texas Heatwave 02 Mini SUV street, 1st place Texas Showdown 03 SUV Street, 2nd place Texas Heatwave 03 Mini SUV Full modified, 1st Place Rollout 2K3 SUV mild, 2nd place Houston Autorama semi mini sport wagon, 2nd place Dustoff 04 SUV Wild, 3rd lakefront tour 04, 1st heatwave 06, 2nd Dustoff 06

Under Construction 98low4x4blazer's Avatar
    post some pic if u can!!
    pic's of what my blazer used to be
    Http://www.streetsourcemag.com/Profile.aspx?profileid=22972

custom parts are built not bought

When its done, you'll wish it was yours.

for real man
    Have you ever been kissed by a goat?

Heres the link to some of my pics completed, Ill put more on here of the construction process this weekend.
    http://www.visual-insanity.com/loblzr/

I want one that looks like that only that sticks out/back like a Blazer would vs. and S-10.... I love the smoothed look that you got there, but I want it to stick out, if that makes sense... I think I got a photoshop Otter made of what I want.. I'll post it in a bit..

Sorry to ramble...
    2000 S-10 Blaza, Wit sum Ghosty Flames sittin on sum Dubbs

what do you mean by "stick out"

Smullen: Are you talking about matching the body line that the blazer has now? How the bottom section sticks out an inch or 2 further than the rest of the body?

It looks like loblzr's does that

Welp on a Blazer the bumper and rear side spats stick out about 3" inches and on a S-10, they are more flush... With the tail gate...

I dunno if that makes sense

so you want a roll pan for a blazer, that way it will line up with the stock rear extensions?

I guess thats what he means.

Originally posted by 98low4x4blazer
    so you want a roll pan for a blazer, that way it will line up with the stock rear extensions?
    :bigthumb: Exactly, I just want a smothed roll pan, then I can decide if I want to french in the plate there or in the tailgate, as well as LED tail lights..

If I can ever find someone who can make Fillers!!!

So you dont want to cut down the rear skirts, you just want to smooth out the factory bumper, right? Sorta just get rid of the mongo license plate mount and maybe the black step protector thing. I could do that pretty easy, wouldnt take near as long as the whole rollpan modification would.

loblzr when you cut your rear extension about how big of a slice do u take out? i am goin to try do this in about a week and i just want to get everything right

its about 4.5 inches if i remember right. Im trying to get a good pic of the side skirt to draw some lines of exactly where i cut them. if not cut correctly it wont line up right.