Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: *New Pics* of my 4 Link - '02 X-Blazer

how close is that to the tire

Originally posted by iLLblazer
    Ok, i know this is a really old thread, but w/e. Do your bags rub on your frame at all like that? or is there enough clearance. Also, I heard that offsetting the bags on the bar like that puts alot of stress on the bushings..Any problems wit that? Also, any pics of your upper bars. I'm looking for ideas for my 4link. It needs to untuck 20's. Any suggestions?
    In those pics I had planned to run 2B6 Extended Bags which are 6" in diameter... They fit fine and did not rub the frame. However the bags ended up not being big enough to give me all the lift I wanted, so I switched over to Slam Specialties RS-72's (7 Inch in diameter)... These did not clear the frame, so I scallopped a portion out of the frame using some 8" Schedule 80 Pipe...Think Vertical C-Notch, but only 3/4" deep...No rubbing, I can easily fit my fingers between the bag and the frame...

As for offsetting the bags on the lower bars, yes it can cause wear out the bushings faster due to the added load. It's not an ideal setup, but truthfully my lower bars only start to twist when the rear is FULLY inflated...and only on my driverside for that matter...I haven't noticed the Passenger side twisting at all...I never drive at full inflation, so it hasn't affected my bushing at all...As far as bushing life goes I have 14,000 miles on this rear setup so far with no problems. I drive 100 miles a day just going to and from work on some of the crappiest roads in Michigan...

Hope this helps...

Originally posted by texas xtreme
    how close is that to the tire
    The bag is a little more than an inch (~1.5") away from my 255/35/18's...If I wanted to fit 20's, I would have to push the rear end backwards some, which I may do this winter...I haven't made up my mind yet as to what I'm doing this winter...

Current Plans for the winter:
    Shave tail gate and door handles
    Trailblazer headlight conversion
    Suicide Doors
    Paint Job

Originally posted by LOtownPumper
    The bag is a little more than an inch (~1.5") away from my 255/35/18's...If I wanted to fit 20's, I would have to push the rear end backwards some, which I may do this winter...I haven't made up my mind yet as to what I'm doing this winter...

Current Plans for the winter:
    Shave tail gate and door handles
    Trailblazer headlight conversion
    Suicide Doors
    Paint Job
    S W E E T plans, can't wait to see it when it's done...:bigthumb:

Ya got any pics after ya dished it out?
    03 s10 (stock) / 90 blazer (layin body)

This is the only pic I have of it after it was dished... It's not a great pic but it's all I've got...It's snowing like mad outside and is only like 2 degrees, so no new pics anytime soon...:p: :D :rofl:

Hey man I love the setup you got there looks awesome. I gotta question, I'll pm you.

-Mike

i know this old but still shoul dhave put length of the bars u used and waht u used.. that would have helped allot of the 2doors out

BANNED!
    is the blazer 4 link custom only cause i've looked online and cant find a 4 link for a blazer for sale

they don't make a 4link for 2dr blazers.. so yes its custom, and YES measurements would have been AWSOME b/c i'll be doing a 4link like.. as soon as i get measurements.. lol already got the notch on the way...... although, im curious as to if it'll lay out 22s..
    stupid low. layin door on a 22/24 combo, comin soon to a street near you

Yes, the 4 link was custom. I had Jason at SuicideDoors.com sell me his basic 4 link kit, but unwelded with extra long bars. I cut the bars to length myself, and used his bushings on one end of each bar and an adjustable rodend on the other end...

I _believe_ my lower bars were 25.5" from center of one bolt to the center of the other bolt, and I _believe_ that the upper bars were 16" center to center...But that was over a year ago so I'm not positive anymore...Your mileage may vary...