Thread: what PSI?

Question what PSI?

I got this really crappy compessor in roadside saftey kit for x-mas this year,and its 200 psi? is that enough to run to fill a tank for airbags? anyone have one thats 200psi? what size air lines are you using? cause i wanna run either 1/2 or 3/8" so what do yall think?:confused:

Is this gonna be your main compressor for you bags? I doubt that will keep up with it and will burn up quickly. Thats just for inflating a tire on the roadside. Most compressors fill a tank up to about 150 psi I believe. Thats what most pressure switches are. Line size depends on your valve size. You have to opimize your valve size by choosing line that has the same inner diameter as you valves. Ex. 3/8 valves are optimized with 1/2 line, because 1/2 line has an innner diameter of 3/8. Line bigger than that won't do any good cause you've got 3/8 valves.
    just like with 1/4 valves, use 3/8 line
    1/2 vavles, use 5/8 line, and so on Hope this helps and dont' confuse the hell otta you
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

My S-10 fleet is gone... s10blazed's Avatar
    Most of those little compressors that plug into your cigarette lighter will not fill a tank to 200PSI. Most of them have trouble doing over 40 PSI. Thats just how far the gauge goes.

would 40 psi be good enough to usae fo all around bags? if so how many times up and down bfore re-inflation? cause it was free so i dont reallycare about it but migt as well put it to use if i can

That depends on how high you want your truck. I wouldn't run that compressor with your air bags. Somethings gonna go wrong with it and your gonna be slammed down, and stuck that way cause that compressor isn't designed to hanlde that kinda load.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

thanks for all the info, i was playing with it today and i aready blew it up hahaha what a hunk of junk, oh wel i was a nice thought