Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 13 sec.

So do you figure with Posi and maybe some decent headers it'll get me closer to 13's?

what the fuck is the point in having that much torque to just run 14's?

what do you think i should do to run 13's.

no one answered my question about that type r swap into a civic, and that runs 13-12??? if thats true and the car can be bought for 1500$CDN and the swap can be done for 2500$CDN 5 grand and the car will fly, but seriously, i wouldnt ever drive a civic but if all that is true, then why spend so much on gas and parts for a V8 if you can get a 4cyl to run quicker. ?
    MY BLAZER IS FOR SALE - CHECK THE CLASSIFIEDS

$3000 O.B.O

Well with 245/40/r18's 4.11's and a th350 you would turn 98 mph at 5500 rpm.........

Not to mention if this was a daily driver.... pulling 4000 rpm at 70mph just plain sucks!!!! 3.73's is the way to go with a th350, unless your tubbed and running MEATS......

with 3.73's you can do 108 at 5500 rpm, and if youve got the traction, that could get you into 12's Plus at 70 mph your at 3500 rpm.... 60 at 3000.........
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Type R 195 hp @ 8000 130lb-ft @ 7500.... Thats weak as fuck.......

In a civic hatch with slicks you need 250-260(wheel horse) to pull mid 12's and that is with a good driver. That is a turbo gsr swap in a hatch... Cost the dude 11 thousand dollars... Weak sauce!

Low 14's for a type r motor in a civic hatch.

High 14's in the integra... And those times are only if you are a true driving pimp.... Hondas arn't exactly easy to drive right... They are a bitch, you have to be able to stay in vtec the entire way down the track or you will get pull SHIT times....

My friend has a newer gsr with a bunch of boltons, i/h/e and a bunch of other crap... He can't break a 15.9....

Then I have another friend with a 99si with a b20vtec (crv 2.0 block with a type r head) that is turboed... It cost him 15-18 thousand dollars for the motor alone.... At 7-8 psi he lost to a supercharged 454 stingray vette by one car lenght.... At 15 psi he can be in third gear, floor it, and soon as the turbo spools he will bust the tires loose every time........ Its fast.. Probably runs low 11's at 15 psi.. He dynoed at 7-8 psi at 300 horse... New injectors and 15 psi he will be at 350 horse..( keep in mind as soon as he hits vtec( his gas mileage is around 15 mpg) (when the turbo spools hes under 10) So he spends just as much on gas as we would.

Fuck a honda, they are crap.... You will spend WAY more money... If you know what your doing you can be very fast for cheap with a sbc... It is the cheapest motor to build hp for your dollar.....

No honda with just a stock type r motor will see 13's much less 12's........

By the way, a type r swap will cost you more than 2500 bucks canadian.... type r's are 5 lug.. That alone will cost you a arm and a leg to swap.. You need the whole front end basically....

You will end up spending 3-5 for a type r swap alone american, to run 14's.....

I spent 2400 bucks on my swap and I probably went low 13's.... (beat a brand new ss maro up to 110)

You just need to get a burly cam rocker setup and nice set of heads and some headers. You will be cookin.....
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Please explain "Stay it in Vtech" to a NON -ricer.

Stay in v-tech to get down the strip quick, stay in Vtech to get gas milage???? I'm confused.

Slow Ride
    Originally posted by bigjsp
    Please explain "Stay it in Vtech" to a NON -ricer
    VTEC doesn't kick in until higher RPM and Honda are absolutely gutless when they are on the regular cam lobes, but when the VTEC kicks on the higher output cam lobes then the motor gets a little kick in the butt. I believe that for the Civic si and S-2000 the VTEC doesn't kick in until like 5K-6K. That's why it's hard to put down a decent time with a VTEC - try not letting you R's drop, because if you do the run is over and it falls on it's face.
    Last edited by Slow Ride; 03-09-2003 at 12:41 AM.

So its got dual cams or the second set of valves get activated when driving hard. I'll research the answers out tommorow, but its Saturday night and the kids are in bed :boink: Uh huh!

True, my cousin has I believe a B18 vtec in his Integra. He added a jackson roots supercharger to it. He got on it in 1st, and I really wasnt impressed,..... until like 45-5000 rpm. Then it just went. Started pulling hard after that. He ran it to about 110, kept it in vtec the whole way. I was very impressed by his work. I wouldn't doubt after he get his new cams dialed in he'll be in the mid, low 13's
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear
    Quote Originally Posted by Harley
    Go before show any day of the week.

Doesnt that piss you off the slightest bit?

$3000 O.B.O

Yeah, it does. But, he's got like 5k into the motor at least. Its just that those cars are very light and rev forever. Now, granted, he's starting to push that motor to its limits in its stock form. From here out, getting fast will be more difficult for him.

I'd bet he's only in the 250-275 hp range, if that. Stock V8's ahve that much power. And, with a blower like his, you'd easily see 450-500 hp on a pretty reliabe truck.

I plan to build a mild 383 v8, with a centrifical supercharger. Try to make it streetable, driveable, and reliable.

Mild cam, low compression, good heads, relatively low boost, pump gas, etc. My goal is for 675-700 hp, and around 6-700 lbs of tq. Procharger is seeing these kinda gains on similar motors, I think I might be able to pull it off.

Drop that into my blazer, with the 6 speed, roll bar, fat 18's, and something like a 3.55" posi gear. What in street form will be able to touch me? All that tq, Ill have tire shredding low end, and with the gears and 6 speed, madd crazy top end.

What import will do that without making it not streetable, and or hell of a lot of money. I'm shooting for around 4-5k into my motor alone, plus the supercharger.

Back on topic, to run 13's in a blazer, your gonna need about 300-350 hp. With the Th350, bout a 3.73 gear, good cam that;ll pull to about 6K, 9.5-10:1 compression, and some traction. If you do your homework, this can all be complished pretty cheaply. Or you could do a bolt on 4.3, install a nitrous setup, and do the same. Or run even quicker with the v8 and some type of power adder.

Key is having all your parts match and compliment each other. A lot of people belive bigger is better,cam, head runners, etc. When, I've got stock heads, pretty small cam, and my motors factory rated at 355 hp. But, you've got years of GM research backing that.

Ok, guess Im done ranting. Just my $.02. Take it for what you will.
    Last edited by ZZ4Blazer; 03-09-2003 at 05:13 AM.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

your gonna need about 300-350 hp. With the Th350, bout a 3.73 gear, good cam that;ll pull to about 6K, 9.5-10:1 compression, and some traction. If you do your homework, this can all be complished pretty cheaply.
    Key is having all your parts match and compliment each other. A lot of people belive bigger is better,cam, head runners, etc. When, I've got stock heads, pretty small cam, and my motors factory rated at 355 hp. But, you've got years of GM research backing that.
    ZZ that has to be the best info in one single post Ive seen in a long time, the only thing I can add to this is that a 268 comp cam will make around the 350 hp range on a 9.5-1 350.Now add a little converter with 2000-2500 stall and I think you will be very pleased with the way it would run.

what is the best carb for a mild small block?
    1987 s10 bazer v8 blazer
    2001 Camaro SS
    2006 saturn ion-2

member of Tony Low jax asses

bedan77.you are going to have to get into the engine a little bit a changed the camshaft and heads . just like zz4 is saying. a also buy changing the stall conveter like 355blazer was sayin will cut your et down like .10's to .30's. proof in a truckin magazine. got to do some palying around to get you where you want. hopefully in the front of some imports.

Originally posted by 87v8blaze
    what is the best carb for a mild small block?
    With the auto, I might stick with avaccum secondary carb. Something in the 650-750 cfm range. Really depends on the motor. Again, this is a common place where poeple go too big.
    Jim 94 Stepside
    ZZ430 clone V8
    NX kit in the works
    Tremec T56 6 speed
    8.5" rear

Yea i was thinking a stall converter, but im not getting good traction at all off the line, obviously because i still have the one legger. So posi will fix that, ZZ4 mentioned to get in there and swap the cam...but i learned that with a different cam the engine has trouble keeping a consistant idle....and other things like that, my truck cannot keep an idle when i start it up, it just drops, so i rev it to keep it alive, but when all is running after a few minuites its idleing just over 1 RPM, about 1200.
    i know thats high, but when i through it into drive it drops to about 800, 900. but it doesnt seem like it with the numbers im producing.
    after some more tuning when i get it running right i'll do some more minor things to her, but first i gotta get a new tranny in there, i'll be asking PLENTY of questions about that one...

and ZZ4 that WAS some good advice, you threw up there...thanks.

$3000 O.B.O