Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 13 sec.

no it takes more than just a 350. my buddy has a 1985 blazer like mine he has 15x15s a 355 with dual holleys and a tunnel ram he has a shit load of motor work and he is only a 14.7 truck dont ask why but thats all he can get he also has a 3 73 rear
    Gotta Love The Blazers!

Dude, my 383 didn't have a "shit load" of motor work, I couldnt afford alot of the parts I wanted......... Hell My heads were even sorta shitty..... I had ONE 750 edelbrock carb, and it was dumping in WAY to much fuel.........

and yet I could take out a brand new ls1 camaro (ss) up to 100-110 or so when i ran out of gears...... thats with 255/50/15's and a one legger rear..........

He either thinks he has a 355 and its a 305.... Or it has some serious problems.....
    Hold my hammer while I nail your girlfriend

Originally posted by rickykline
    no it takes more than just a 350. my buddy has a 1985 blazer like mine he has 15x15s a 355 with dual holleys and a tunnel ram he has a shit load of motor work and he is only a 14.7 truck dont ask why but thats all he can get he also has a 3 73 rear
    Have your friend join Blazinlow and post what he's got (heads, cam model, ignition, stall. etc. E.T. and MPH) and we can probably get him into the 13's with a few questions and suggestions. If not we''ll advise him to sell the blazer and buy a ricer so that he'll stop embarrassing us Blazer owners.

My initial suspicion is a severely mismatched combination of huge intake / ?cam / low compression/ not enough stall and of course dual Holleys built by the resident expert.

Have him talk to his motor guy, ask for one of the shops stickers, put it on the tunnel ram, THEN tell him it runs in the 14.7s and your buddy is going to proudly display the shops sticker at the track, around town...... maybe he'll get some help.

Slow Ride
    I got the Blazer down to high 14's on the 4.3 for heaven sake.

BLAZIN THE ONLY WAY! tuneportblazer's Avatar
    I tryied to post a pic. it says it to big can some one help

I can resize it for ya email the pic to me at burksz28@bellsouth.net

Hey Bedan.. hope all is well..My guess would be high 14's low 15's. Those early tpi's seem to be setup for torque.
    Give a few comparasions from last summer.
    Friend at work has a 89 gta. 5.7 tpi 700 r4 , car is mint.. We went to the track a few times last year. Figured my truck has gotta be close to the the car. He does have a 3.08 posi to my pegleg 3.42/
    First time we went out, his 15.1 to my 15.1. Not bad..both just over 90.Figure there is room to play... Was surprised I was'nt lower.
    Next time out,, he had his tranny freshen'd and some shortie edlebrock headers, says the tranny was slipping. He pulled a 14.6. His next path is a catback exhaust upgrade ( installing now, and some 1.6 rollers. He's hoping for low 14's.
    I had played with the tranny governer, same et and mph. upside was on the street it's a fun to drive. I see a cam change in my near future, nothing radical but a 50 hp bump. Posi is a must... Have last trip in video, looking to convert it to .wmv or mpg
    When in doubt Gas it!