Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can I use a TH400?

I have decided I am going to put my 350 in there instead. It just doesn't seem practical at all to put a heavy ass motor in this truck it'd be a death box. Sure it'd go fast but I wouldn't ever get it slowed down. Also my 350 has about as much power as the 454. I am just trying to figure out how to use the TH400 with my 350.
    88 S10 Blazer - Work In Progress 360 hp 350/TH400 coming soon....

To get the correct upshift points, you'll want an adjustable vacuum modulator and weight spring kit for the governor. If you want the "too lazy to move the lever" back shift when you floor it, you need a simple Normally open switch on the thottle somewhere that closes at WOT. Connect it to a hot wire to one side of the switch and the other side of the switch has ONE wire to the tranny. What's to be scared of?

Regarding your comment about your 357 making as much power as a 454, :rofl: try one on at 100mph. 100 cubes and bigger heads are there for a reason.

i dunno a completely stock 454 vs. a healthy 350 I thought it'd be a good match-up guess not I have never owned a big block.
    88 S10 Blazer - Work In Progress 360 hp 350/TH400 coming soon....

I picked the big block's strong point, at 100 most vehicle are in high gear, weight becomes less of a factor. We had a 454 one ton with a light weight flatbed that we hauled the race car on to the track. Occcasionally we would pass some of the "street" or trophy class cars and make them feel real good when a "tow vehicle" w/ race car drove around them. It all started when I was behind someone and they took off hard from a light and I floored it too. They missed second and I swung it into the passing lane to avoid hitting them. Then it was side by side until about 90 when the big block took over for good. Only had a cam and a little port work.