Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 4x4 drop how to with pics!

the tbar trick slams you to the ground with the bolts loosened and with the bolts tightened youll have about 1" of suspension travel if your lucky. if you do it this way you can have more adjustment and you can still get an alignment/have a somewhat smooth ride

Originally posted by pr1mo360
    sszablya i got you confused with this other guy who bought my xmember and lowering blocks a few days ago... i can refund your money or try to find you one locally. lemme know what you wanna do.
    the rest of you guys send me your xmembers plus $50 (for drilling and shipping) and youll get it back within 2 weeks after i recieve it. address is posted above
    D'oh!! Well, if you can find one locally, that'd be sweet. I don't want to hassle you, though. I really can't give up my x-member at the moment (I'm sure you've seen the news about Colorado's weather), my other car doesn't do snow. :) It really depends on if you have the time and conviction to find another x-member. If not, I'll have to wait till summer to take the one off of my truck..
    RX7: 1, Carjacker: 0

-I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns, that would necessitate an entire rack.

- Lowered Bravada, Custom Intake, 2.5" manifold-back exhaust featuring flowmastes 50 series muffler, Pioneer CG CD, Pioneer in the dash and doors, RF PunchZ 12's 600W Kenwood Amp, Green neon in and out, 5% tint. 3/3 drop, 96 Z28 rims, bridgestone rubber.
    -RX7 Twin Turbo, H&R springs, Apex Twin Intake, 3" Stainless Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Bomz FSTB, Custom RSTB w/3-point harness provisions, Sparco harnesses, Walbro 255lph in-tank pump, FEED Engine torque brace, FEED CF Sideskirts, R1 Lip spoiler, Apex Fully-Auto Turbo Timer, DEFI boost gauge with custom steering column gauge pod, Custom made 6061 aluminum pedals and passenger foot well plate, Shaved Bose stereo, Infinity Basslink sub, '03 Mazda 6-CD In-Dash changer, Mazda Reman motor, ACT Clutch, 99 Spec taillights, Mazdaspeed 15th anniversary wing, flawless Montego Blue Mica color-changing paint (and it still doesn't win awards!)

ok let me know if you want your money back now otherwise ill see if i can get one and drill it out in the next couple weeks

is it safe like that??

Yeah Primo, if you can find one around for me, and drill it out, that'd be sweet. I can probably send my crossmember as a core after I recieve the new one. I'll keep in touch.

-I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns, that would necessitate an entire rack.

- Lowered Bravada, Custom Intake, 2.5" manifold-back exhaust featuring flowmastes 50 series muffler, Pioneer CG CD, Pioneer in the dash and doors, RF PunchZ 12's 600W Kenwood Amp, Green neon in and out, 5% tint. 3/3 drop, 96 Z28 rims, bridgestone rubber.
    -RX7 Twin Turbo, H&R springs, Apex Twin Intake, 3" Stainless Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Bomz FSTB, Custom RSTB w/3-point harness provisions, Sparco harnesses, Walbro 255lph in-tank pump, FEED Engine torque brace, FEED CF Sideskirts, R1 Lip spoiler, Apex Fully-Auto Turbo Timer, DEFI boost gauge with custom steering column gauge pod, Custom made 6061 aluminum pedals and passenger foot well plate, Shaved Bose stereo, Infinity Basslink sub, '03 Mazda 6-CD In-Dash changer, Mazda Reman motor, ACT Clutch, 99 Spec taillights, Mazdaspeed 15th anniversary wing, flawless Montego Blue Mica color-changing paint (and it still doesn't win awards!)

Hey sszablya.... your in Colorado???? So am I.... hey if you get this xmember you gotta let me meet you so I can check it out and see if its worth doing,,, I mean Im sure it is, but theres no sense in me doing it if I see that someone else has done it and I didnt like it,, Know what I mean... anyways hit me up and let me know
    We dont stop playing cause we grow old....
    We grow old cause we stop playing....

looks nice

after 2nd thought, im still gonna go with a 2wd blazer.. if i could only GET A DAM LOAN!
    i had a little monkey
    i sent him to the country and i fed him on gingerbread
    along came a choo choo, knocked my monkey coo-coo
    and now my monkey's dead
    at least he looks that way, but then again don't we all?

found a xmember sszablya....ill get it drilled a shipped out asap!

pr1mo360 im the guy that got your xmember off you it worked great i put it all on today and it looks very good i have to remove a leaf out of the rear springs so the back comes down alittle bit more it lowered about 5.5 inches it looks great though rides nice also ill be goin down va on thursday so thats the test for hw good it rides thanks again

great! pics!!!

Originally posted by pr1mo360
    found a xmember sszablya....ill get it drilled a shipped out asap!
    Whoa!!! Thank you Primo!! That was damn fast!

So pr1mo.. how we lookin? did it go out yet? I nearly bought a set of Boyd Timeless 5's this weekend, but I was waiting to figure out my drop before I bought tires....

Blazed@420
    can someone post pics of the xmember removal plz
    '85 Jimmy 4X4: dropped 4in in the front, 5" in the rear, neon blue underglo, suicide hood, custom wheels 14" low pro, 4 Fosgate Punch 12's pioneer DEH P7400 head unit
    :blazer:

Hey pr1mo360 how about making a walk threw for the rear =]

current title:
    hey primo- nice job with the how-to :bigthumb:
    I tried getting my bars out the other day & it was not happenin. I soaked the crap out of them at both ends with pb blaster about a week before and even tried the torch & then pounding the shit out of them. All I ended up doing was destroying 3 chisels and bashing the jesus out of my one hand with the sledgehammer about 4 times.

Any thoughts? thanx
    :confused:
    at the end of a hard day, i just wanna kick back and smoke some crack.