Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: 4x4 drop how to with pics!

Originally posted by RDog
    Hey pr1mo360 how about making a walk threw for the rear =]
    The rear is as easy as installing blocks and/or lowering leaf springs.
    RX7: 1, Carjacker: 0

-I don't even own A gun, let alone many guns, that would necessitate an entire rack.

- Lowered Bravada, Custom Intake, 2.5" manifold-back exhaust featuring flowmastes 50 series muffler, Pioneer CG CD, Pioneer in the dash and doors, RF PunchZ 12's 600W Kenwood Amp, Green neon in and out, 5% tint. 3/3 drop, 96 Z28 rims, bridgestone rubber.
    -RX7 Twin Turbo, H&R springs, Apex Twin Intake, 3" Stainless Downpipe, HKS Carbon-Ti catback, Bomz FSTB, Custom RSTB w/3-point harness provisions, Sparco harnesses, Walbro 255lph in-tank pump, FEED Engine torque brace, FEED CF Sideskirts, R1 Lip spoiler, Apex Fully-Auto Turbo Timer, DEFI boost gauge with custom steering column gauge pod, Custom made 6061 aluminum pedals and passenger foot well plate, Shaved Bose stereo, Infinity Basslink sub, '03 Mazda 6-CD In-Dash changer, Mazda Reman motor, ACT Clutch, 99 Spec taillights, Mazdaspeed 15th anniversary wing, flawless Montego Blue Mica color-changing paint (and it still doesn't win awards!)

Yea i know but i never did it and would like too see how its done

So hey primo you drill out your Key holes farther down and that improves the ride? cause atm i have the bolts and keys removed out of the Xmember and it gives me at least a 6 inch drop~ i'm trying to go for ride though

Yea right now your setting on yout bumpstops.....not good ride quality..uhhg

i'm gonna drill out the key holes deeper then to check it out. Can I cut my bumbstops down?

yes you can cut them down, just when you bottom out your gona hit really hard.
    1985 Chevy s-10 Blazer 4x4
    2000 Chevy s-10 LS Standard Cab

current title:
    maze- you took your bolts AND the blocks out so your adjusters are just hanging down? If so then yea- the only thing holding your truck up is the bumpstops. I have my truck like that right now just in the driveway, but I'm not driving it around like that. I did that once before for like an hour on an old S-10 I had and dogshit wasn't even the word for it. I came right home and cut the holes down & put the blocks back in. I always had good results with relocating the entire bumpstop mount upwards instead of just cutting the rubber stop itself. that way it still works like it should without getting harsh when you hit it.
    ??- just my .02...
    well good luck :smoker:
    at the end of a hard day, i just wanna kick back and smoke some crack.

current title:
    I just remembered something else- when you just cut the front bumpstops down, alot of times when you bottom out real hard you'll hit that metal lip under there. thats another thing that will make the ride wicked harsh. You can't just grind/cut that lip either, a friend of mine did that & the next time he bottomed out hard the whole mount collapsed. Not a big deal, but then with no bumpstops the next time he hit hard after that the wheel hit the fender and crashed it up pretty good on one side. :(

As of now I havent touched my bumbstops but I have my torsion Bolts and Keys out. Bumpy as all hell but low to. I"m gonna drill out the Key hole down farther. That will make a better ride correct?
    when i bounce around I get no clanks or wierd noises either maybe i'm just lucky.

current title:
    drilling the holes and putting the blocks back in will give you a better ride than just riding around on the bumpstops, but then your front won't be as low unless you get shorter stops or relocate the stop mounts higher. I'm in the process of drilling mine now just cause my hydro cylinders are special order and haven't come in yet...
    :rolleyes:

60 PSI on stock hg! Ow! LowSlungFury's Avatar
    I took my T-bar bolts out and it dropped alot, but with 3" blocks in the back the ass sits lower. Is that because of the bumpstops or is it because it is actually lower in the back and I need to notch the X-member?
    Last edited by LowSlungFury; 06-12-2003 at 12:14 PM.
    1993 Dodge 2wd Diesel Dually, BIG fueling mods, 6x16 injectors, Air Dog 1/2" draw straw, 3/8" fuel feed, Holley Blue pump, HE351VE VGT (manual controller), 5" turbo back, 5" air intake, Green filter, to many gauges, more mods to come.

1993 Dodge Dakota Sport 2wd, 3.9L Magnum (w/5.2L Magnum swap in progress) 5spd, Magnaflows with duals out the back, 4/6 drop on 17" R/T's.

Banned
    yes, you are correct. the back is lower. Cut the xmember and screw the bolts back in some if its too low for you.

89' S10 blazer 4wd: 355, 650 dp, rpm intake, comp 282 roller cam, modified vortecs, T56 Six speed, 8.8 ls rear, headers, x-pipe, spintech pro street mufflers, and......AC

Blazer burnout video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7iLypoDI4

60 PSI on stock hg! Ow! LowSlungFury's Avatar
    nothing is too low, just first time with lowering a 4x. but hey thanks for the info man, gonna help out alot seeing how I have two weeks until Carlisle and the blazer is still getting quarters put on it. thanks...
    1993 Dodge 2wd Diesel Dually, BIG fueling mods, 6x16 injectors, Air Dog 1/2" draw straw, 3/8" fuel feed, Holley Blue pump, HE351VE VGT (manual controller), 5" turbo back, 5" air intake, Green filter, to many gauges, more mods to come.

1993 Dodge Dakota Sport 2wd, 3.9L Magnum (w/5.2L Magnum swap in progress) 5spd, Magnaflows with duals out the back, 4/6 drop on 17" R/T's.

dos this trick mess with the chamber and ware the tires just as much as the tbar trick,
    and how much dos it lower the front.
    thanks

current title:
    The alignment gets messed up and will wear the tires anytime you mess with the suspension until you get it realigned. There is no magic trick to lowering a vehicle without messing up the alignment.